ForumsWEPRboredom

38 6625
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

The emotion known as boredom (to me) is a 20th century creation...wat do u think it REALLY means to be bored?

• 38 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I still think the cure to boredom is to get your mind off yourself and SERVE OTHERS!!! Volunteer....ITS FREE!!!

Abolish the state, establish a real free society.

Thanks for the advice.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Boredom is a versatile meaning for everyone. For the Birth sign, the Gemini like me, it means something I would avoid at all cost, even the possiblity of death. To the patient type, it could mean just waiting. However, to most people, Gemini or non-Gemini, it means something you'd rather die.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Boredom is simply when you are bored and having nothing to do.

Very simple definition, how did this turn into a conversation...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Abolish the state, establish a real free society.

Maybe if we had about 1/1000th the population living on earth now.

Very simple definition, how did this turn into a conversation...

If you'd like to contribute something to the conversation you're free to do so. But when one sits on the sidelines and say "there's no point in this conversation", it's better for them not to say anything at all.

Alternatively you could mount some kind of argument as to why you think this should not be a conversation, lol.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

It is like one of those things that are better to keep to themselves. Boredom is like a piece of paper. You can leave it blank and deal with a giant piece of white in front of you and let it mock you or you can do something to it like ripping it or using it.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Maybe if we had about 1/1000th the population living on earth now.

I'm hoping for a WW3 as well bud.

Alternatively you could mount some kind of argument as to why you think this should not be a conversation, lol.

Thats why I simply said...

:P
People don't read the previous posts and just come in and state what everyone says. Its not even a conversation. Lol

And, doesn't this contradict itself?

If you'd like to contribute something to the conversation you're free to do so. But when one sits on the sidelines and say "there's no point in this conversation", it's better for them not to say anything at all.

:P
darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

This is easy, boredom is nothing to do and not entertaining you.

simple?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Boredom... Boredom is a luxury. Honestly, I mean think about it. Where other than america where would we find the time to be bored..

Showing 31-38 of 38