ForumsWEPRParadoxes

33 7463
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I'm just interested to see how many of you think you know the answers to some paradoxes or just know some interesting paradoxes here is mine.

The sentence below is false.
The sentence below is true.

Which one is true?
How many paradoxes do you know?

"If you want peace, you must go to war"

• 33 Replies
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

IS this one! :PPP

"If you See Satan in the world of ours, The end is near"

Huh! HUh! huh! Huh!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

umm..I don't really think that is 1 O.o
If you see satan then the world will end...I don't really see how that's a paradox

If someone says "I always lie", are they telling the truth? Or are they lying?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i just thought of an very old one

If you say it's opposite day then it's not opposite day and if you say it's not opposite day it's not opposite day

there can never be an opposite day without only you knowing

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

If God can do anything, then He can make a stone so big He can't lift it. But, if He can't lift it, them He can't do everything 0_0

God can take away his own powers with the creation of the huge stone. He can then not lift it because he no longer has special powers.
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

This isn't a paradox, but it's like a riddle based on what graham said.

A man says "It is opposite day"...is he lying?

Also, if that guy halfway closer and closer continuously, he would eventually reach it when he was less than one micron away, and the atoms would draw to eachother verrrrrrrrrrry weakly and touch ; )

God can make a stone so big that He can't lift it right then. Then, He increases His power so now he can lift it! Tada!

juanquapha
juanquapha
2 posts
Nomad

If God can do anything, then He can make a stone so big He can't lift it. But, if He can't lift it, them He can't do everything 0_0

This statement is inherently flase, its the wording that makes it seem as though god has no power, if god (or any creator of that matter) can do anything, then it cannot create a rock so big that it cannot lift it, it compares mortal confines of the act of lifting to the level of being able to create the rock seemingly creating a paradox.

Thus, saying that "god can do anything" is false not pardoxical.

~~JC
quakingphear
quakingphear
410 posts
Peasant

What happens when an unstoppable object collides with an immovable object? Thanks Batman

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

It bounces off.

wetodded1
wetodded1
22 posts
Nomad

Nothing is either unstoppable or immovable. It all has to do with relativity.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If you say it's opposite day then it's not opposite day and if you say it's not opposite day it's not opposite day

This is the same as saying: "This statement is false."

Speaking of which, a riddle: You're walking along a passageway and at the end, come across two doors, each guarded by a person. You know that one door leads to ultimate win and the other door leads to certain (and horrible) death. You also know that person always lies and the other person always tells the truth. Finally, you know that the men will answer one question, and one question only.

Let's say you're wise enough to want access to ultimate win. What question should you ask?
Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Which one would the other one say leads to ultimate win?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I'd say "That door is the ultimate win. Wanna go through it?"
If its really the ultimate win I'd go in it with him, if its horrible death I'd choose the other door
If he says no I'll push him into it

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

how would u be able to tell if it was ultimate win or horrible death without going in with them? and i think the point of the guards is just to solve the riddle, u can only use the truth/false statements to solve it, not threaten/use them as a guinea pig =\\. plus my way is easier, all u have to do is ask that question to each person.

Lets say the left door is correct. The liar would lie and tell u that the other one would tell u that the right one is correct. The truth-teller would tell the truth and tell u that the liar would tell u the right door is correct. So go into the other day than their answers.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

*other door
sorry, dont know how i typed day.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Man, that's a hard one. I heard it once before, though.

Showing 16-30 of 33