ForumsProgramming ForumI need help on game maker 7!!!

36 11950
JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

i need help, i cant seem to get the action and event thing down. can someone help me? i dont get it.....

• 36 Replies
JoyLord
JoyLord
42 posts
Nomad

eheh....

clemboy500
clemboy500
1 posts
Nomad

I have quite a strange problem as well.
every time i get to makeing my 3rd room my character will not move and with in a few seconds die.
Does anyone know how to fix this?? It's driving me nuts!

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

My guess is that he is loosing life immediately when entering the stage. Maybe he's colliding with something that makes him loose life.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

To fix this, make sure you know exactly where he starts out on the level, and that he is not touching anything "dangerous".

I have not used game maker, but if there is some sort of code, post it here, and I can take a look at it. Most code is structured basically the same.

thedarefanatic
thedarefanatic
2 posts
Nomad

I had that problem, I accidentally made a step event that made him lose 1 health every step.

Err... your problem is a little confusing never had that exact problem. Do IqAndreas said make sure it isn't collide into a enemy.

Toiletti
Toiletti
39 posts
Nomad

One good tip : There are a lot of simple games that come with game maker, search them in the game maker files, they have packam, racing and i believe a shooter too. Look at these games and see what they are doing, memorize, try it out, and then soon you will get what each action does. Also use logic and read the tutorials. You can also use google.

Showing 31-36 of 36