ForumsWEPRhanging clothes.

22 4230
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

is the government seriously gonna ban hanging clothes to dry out in some states??

• 22 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah but im sure that wouldnt make national news in one neighborhood.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

If this is true then it was probably the idea of some vain,suburban politician who cares more about the way something looks then how well people are doing in their city.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I heard that the controversy was more like the Home Owner's Association banned it in many places because it was "unsightly" and brings down property values, so people were suing for the right to line dry their clothes.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080418/clotheslines_ban_080418/20080418?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Believe it or not, this rule was in effect in Ontario for quite some time.

There were restrictions in many subdivisions across the province, but the province's new regulation will overrule the neighbourhood rules, which were put in place because clotheslines were considered unsightly.

Premier Dalton McGuinty said the move is also aimed at curbing the use of energy-sucking dryers, which burn up to six per cent of Ontario's power

Jeeze. If it wasn't for this whole Green paranoia thing, a clotheline ban would still be in effect.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

In my house, we both hang and use a dryer. Not only does it save money. It preserves certain material like Cotton and wool. Thus, making it last longer and in the long run, saving you more money! I personally see nothing wrong with line-drying clothes as long as it's not an eye-sore!

jk27
jk27
113 posts
Jester

That is the stupidest law I've ever heard of!

C_is_for_Cookie
C_is_for_Cookie
713 posts
Nomad

Ya I think we all should line dry our clothes every once in a while at least! It's another way to go green! If they ban it, that would be inhumane, and mean to the people who can't afford washers and dryers!

( :

Showing 16-22 of 22