ForumsSupport ForumPossible Modifications for Armor community: say what you think about them!!

5 4096
Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

It has been a little while since I registered on ArmorGames, and while i was playing, I saw a few things that could be improved. Before I begin, I warn you that Iâm French and my English is not too good, so be kind if I misspell a few words^^.
First of all, I want to say that I admire Daniel McNeelie and all his team, because theyâre doing a great job. I donât pretend to be better than them, as I have very little in gaming and programming, but I have detected some disfunctionments and wanted to point them out to them. This is my personal point of view and involves nobody else.
Here I go:

Firstly, about game comments.
While I was scrolling on games and reading quite a few comments, I saw that most of them consisted of about 3 or 4 words (at the most) and werenât useful at all. I think that people who post such comments shouldnât get ArmorPoints. I know it is impossible for the mods to read all the comments because they are too few, but at ArmorGames, we have a lot of players too!! And I suggest using them. My proposition is simple: to improve the flag system. I would be great to add a âblameâ button aside to the flag on: players could vote for a blame when they find a comment completely useless. Of course, to prevent personal blaming because âsuch and such a player doesnât like such and such another and keeps blaming himâ I would suggest a person be blamed when at least 5 (or 10?) players press on the blame button . Then, the blame would be signaled on the personâs profile and if he gets 3 (or 5?) blames, he would be banned from the community. Of course, you could only get one blame per post, which means that if 50 people vote for a blame because of one post of the player, he would only get one blame.

An alternative solution would be to have a reputation bar for each player, and you could mark him on his comments. Iâm sure there are quite a few ideas, and this is why I posted this on the forum so that it could be discussed about.

Also, another important point is about the minicity links. You all saw that they have been censored by Daniel, and I thank him very much for it, because he did a great job. The problem is, I still saw a lot of links (not working any longer) on the boards, and they hadnât been erased. People must continue to flag these so they are deleted and the AP are retrieved from the person concerned.
But also, I suggest increasing the number of mods would be a great idea: thus, they would be able to divide the task and be more effective. The new mods would be surveyed by the confirmed ones who would teach them how to do.

Last comment:
It would be nice to have a personal way of talking to a person without going through the profile page which is public, in order to be able to have private conversations.

As I said, this is a personal point of view, so if you disagree, say so and explain why: I wonât be offended.

• 5 Replies
Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I don't know why these strange symbols appeared, anyways, each time you see one, replace it by '

Also, i forgot another modification:It would be great if you were able to delete some of your own posts on the boards.
that's all for now^^

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Yes, the spamming on the comments of games is bad. I spend several hours a day just deleting and reading. I also try to inform those who have done wrong what they did so they don't repeat mistakes. A lot of people are compliant. I think you are right about a reputation system for users. That would be beneficial so that bad reputation can be monitored.

The minicity links are tough to tackle. We can't get them all. We rely on you guys to flag as much as you can.

The PM system and the editing posts are on the way, I'm very sure.

Thanks for your ideas! Dan and John really do come through the forums to read these things. So, always, always post your ideas.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

thats pretty useful, but since you are a moderator, shouldn't you be able to fix it asherlee?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Fix what?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Dank is correct, I do not mess with code for the site. I simply moderate what the users post.

Showing 1-5 of 5