ForumsWEPROpening of the olympic games.

7 2107
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

When every country came out they walked in rows of at least 4. However when USA came out, they walked almost single file around the edge. Coincidentally this is where the film crew were.

Do you think that the Americans were hungry for the cameras as they always are?

• 7 Replies
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

What's wrong with wanting camera time?

Also, on a different note, I thought the opening ceremony was AMAZING! China did a great job. I loved the people inside the boxes who made waves and stuff like that. My family and I were debating if there were people in the boxes or if they were mechanized.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I didn't think it was right watching america take twice long as everyone else to get into formation just because the cameras were there.

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

the openening ceremony was a 20/10, no one will ever match taht in our life time, it was amazing

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I hear that parts of the televised version were faked: about half the fireworks were prerecorded.

Not that this would change a lot for the spectators in the stadium but still, the principle of it...

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Really i dont think we can blame the athletes im sure they had someone putting them in formation. But the opening ceremony was AMAZING whoever hosts the olympics next has some big shoes to fill

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

In the news tonight, the little girl that sang the anthem, it was a lip sync. They had another girl with an amazing voice, but apparently they thought she was not cute enough for the world.

Also, part of the fireworks display, the best parts, were cropped in digitally. It was more amazing on T.V. then it was when you were there. Shame.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting the camera. If the other countries were not smart enough to do so, whatever.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

It wasn't that they weren't clever enough, but everyone else has more thought about the rest of the world who weren't watching this to watch USA

Showing 1-7 of 7