30 posts
Nomad

Will a zombies invasion someday happen?

• 25 Replies
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Yes probably. There is a definite chance there there will be a disease someday that makes people into ZOMBIES!!

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

your joking right

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

No, if you think about it probability wise (you can describe anything in the universe by probability) If you consider time being infinite then there is a probability that we will become zombies. This probability might be extremely small, but there still exists a chance. So I said there is a definite chance. I left out that it is extremely small, but I was in a mood to play with words . But ya everything is possible (Everything!!) just some things might be less likely than others.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I agree Flip, but I don't think chance is the right word were using here. I think of probability as if you flip a coin, what chance do you have it is heads? Hmm, I suppose it is the correct term to use here.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Here's an articl about actual zombie cases its very interesting actually.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Yes probably. There is a definite chance there there will be a disease someday that makes people into ZOMBIES!!

I Am Legend.

Anyways, I have always thought that one day there would be a disease that might turn us vicious. I don't think you could really call the sick people zombies. I think it would sort of follow I Am Legend and people would just go crazy and kill others.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Total,

Nonsense. For a disease to do that, it would have to alter your brain.
Any attempts of the virus to do such a thing would kill you. The brain cannot be altered with.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Nonsense. For a disease to do that, it would have to alter your brain.
Any attempts of the virus to do such a thing would kill you. The brain cannot be altered with.

So what do you call common dementias such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's? What about the personality changes of Phineas Gage after he had a stake driven through his frontal lobe? The psychotropic changes to neuronal plasticity following the stimulation from taking drugs, or drinking coffee?

The brain is always being altered with, but it's more precisely a matter of how much and in what way. I think the thrust of your point was that it is hard to envisage an agent that specifically hijacks your functioning in such a way. For my part I'd say it would involve a heck of a lot of synchronicity not really apparent to viruses...the closest and most sophisticated equivalent I can think of when it comes to microbiota is bacterial "quorum-sensing" and that ain't got nothing on what would be required to produce a zombie.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...replace "common" with "well known". It would be a mistake to call them common...they're a subset of dementia as a whole.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Anyways, I have always thought that one day there would be a disease that might turn us vicious.

I think you're also alluding to 28 days later and 28 weeks later

Certain viruses can be directly attributed to behavioral changes, yes. Some of the background rationale to the above films can be paralleled to the Ebola viruses.
MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

There is a chemical Tetrodoxin. It damages the brain, cuts off oxygen and clogs up poors to make somebody in a zombie like state. Heres the link [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrodotoxin]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies]

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

It might put you into a zombie like state, but it can't make us want kill each other.

We would just act retarded like, like zombies. It could not make us walk out of our beds, put our hands forward and walk around the city though.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Actually if you've ever seen The Serpent and the Rainbow which is a true story then you'll know thats what I meant by zombie like stat.

darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

sweet zombies can be real

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

there may be a diesease but more than likley its not gonna be a parastie that takes control of ur brain after it destroys it...more than likley 9also) itll just KILL U!

Showing 1-15 of 25