30 posts
Nomad

Will a zombies invasion someday happen?

• 25 Replies
The_Comedian
The_Comedian
29 posts
Nomad

Your forgetting that we already have zombies.

Before you call me crazy, examine the root of the word zombie.

It comes from a voodoo ritual, which uses drugs and oxygen depravation to put a person in a lazy and sluggish state. They lack the agility of regular people and their brain capacity is greatly diminshed. The traits this 'voodoo' zombies have shown are traits that we associate scientific, fictional zombies with today.

I don't believe that we will ever have a zombie outbreak such as that in Resident Evil. Those are caused by accidents or breakouts, which are mistakes on the researchers part. When researching new medical ailments or viruses, you don't get sudden progress such as one of experiments immedieatly transforming into a zombie when before they did not show any signs. Usually this development of research is gradual, and as soon as the tiniest problem arises, it is eliminated in the research, thus preventing an accidental outbreak.

But it all depends on what a zombie is to you, if it has to be 'undead' or if it can just be a deranged individual (like the voodoo zombie).

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

which are mistakes on the researchers part.

Not true, in the movies it was a planned mistake....

Anyway, I think we'd have Gremlins before we get Zombies(living dead). However if people really wanted Zombies, I'm sure some way some how mankind will find some demented way to animate the dead in some Zombieiffic way and then they would probably get out and destroy the world because that's apparently what mankind thinks will happen.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

more than likeley we are talking bout undead zombies...undead zombies are just being controlled by a parasite forcing to go around infecting other ppl of course teh parasite kills the brain first... if one were to escape from a place or sumthing then they can infect one person...then 2...3...5...8...18...125...2,657...95,836...1,993,142,548...

The_Comedian
The_Comedian
29 posts
Nomad

However if people really wanted Zombies

Lol I don't want zombies!

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well the goverment might for testing! (:

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

I believe it is possible I don't, however, believe that a zombie apocalypse can happen as it does in movies.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

same here...that just wont happen...maybe if it happened in one country we would think otehrewise! :P

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, from most of the things I have read or heard, zombies get infected by some sort of parisite. It attaches it self to the brain and takes over body movment and so one.

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

yeah i think there is a chance of zombies
look at i am legend

1realhunter
1realhunter
55 posts
Nomad

It's definately possible for there to be a disease outbreak in which the disease changes behavioral patterns. If you like zombie topics a good book to read would be The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks it's a laugh.

Showing 16-25 of 25