ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUntitled story.

21 7429
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Details of the story:Evir,a 18 year old male,who fell asleep while doing his work.
Setting:near the 1930's,in a fictional world,so there's no war going on
Characters ,to be updated currently :Pepper,a dog,miniature shznauzer,i hope i spelled it right.-same breed as my dog
Evir looked up from his desk ,still drowsing.

suprised that he was looking outside of his house,rather than outside his window, he quickly pushed himself away from the table,stood up and gape,his house was in ruins.
a beam dropped from the ceiling,with a creaking sound just before dropping,
Evir managed to evade from the beam but it grazed his arm.
grimacing,he slowing walked out of his house,unsure of what may happen next.
the strange thing is that he has not found anyone,not even anything that is living,plants,animals,human.
seemingly eradicated,wiped of the face of Earth.

TO BE CONTINUED....

NExt chapter-----

He picked up a spade and a revolver on the way,made a shealth for the spade and slide it into place.
whilst placing the revolver into his pocket,he sense something moving amongst the tall grasses.
slowly taking out his spade,he placed it over his shoulder,preparing to counter any attack thrown by the object.
,he spotted it.
a dog,shivering from hunger.
he lowered his spade slowly,cautiously
and he took out a wineskin whihc he grabbed while passing by a "house",or something that looked like one.
he let it drink all the contents.slowly the dog begin to smell Evir's hand,when he was making his way off,the dog followed him along.
and from then on,Evir had a new companion,Pepper.(it's my dog's name)
To be continued~
-Next Chapter-
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continuing their way through the valley,
it was rather uneventful,
but when they reached the end of it,it was a dead end.
fraustrated,Evir gave a dismayed cry and kicked the slope of the valley,setting off a rain of rocks and stone down the top of the slope.
looking for an escape route,he spotted a obscured cave in the corner of the dead end.
he let the dog make it's way first,before barely making it in.
Evir managed to slipped inside before the last stone nearly crack his skull
dark and cold,he remembered having a lighter with him.
lighting the way in the dark cave,
he waved his hand to and fro,to see if there was a exit.
He then heard a very horrifying scream,
Pepper wimpered.
frightened,he quickly extinguise the fire and got as low as he could.
turning at a corner,he saw many shadow of humans,many of whom were missing body parts,moaning in pain,lifeless.
Chapter 4
Looking forward,he saw a dim light,straining his eyes,he managed to make out a exit.

Quietly and quickly,he made a sprint for it,unknowingly,those things have already picked up his scent and were chasing him.

hearing footsteps behind him,that were definitely not repurcussions,he took a glance back.
those things does know how to run,and those that were missing legs were actually hopping.
letting fear make the run for him,he felt breath at his neck,just as he leaped out of the cave,he discovered that there was one the size of a 7 year old kid at his back.
He shaked and jump hysterically.
it was only a while that he realised that it was already dead,strange enough,those things did not dare step out of the cave,taking the one on his back ,he placed it on the floor.
making his way out of there quickly,he took a bike that was left lying on the floor with pepper on the basket,he realised that the rest of humanity were turned into those things and there was a fact that had protected him,they were scared of daylight.
Evir then cycled as fast as he every had done to a town he had known,called Elitia,a small one that housed over 200 people.
now that he know that those things were numerous,he searched the town for weaponry ,unknown to him,there was one of them in the basement of a mansion.....

Next chapter,
He stumbled on something,looking back,he found out that it was a bone,a pelvis.
Bewilded by shock,he ran,
pepper barely catching up.
with no destination,he wished all these to end.
rain started to pound on him,making him wake up to his senses.
it was then that he realised that it was night already.
looking around in the distance,he found that the only shelter was a tree house.
he climbed up the tree house and very fortunately,there was food.
he slept peacefully,until he heard scraping sounds made at the door of the tree house.
pepper was barking furiously at the door,
with great caution,.
then the door opened.
a man appeared.

• 21 Replies
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

if you 've enjoyed the story and wish for me to continue,plz drop me a comment or simply write a comment here

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

post a reply plz...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Not a bad story, keep on writing.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Yay 1st reply!!!i will continue the story in a while,when more people takes notice of my work..

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

can anyone think of a suitable name for it?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Please continue i like it.

Well only you can name it, plus the story has barely developed, you should wait a while to name it, but great job so far, hope to see more

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Evir grab the spade and swung it at the man,the lightning striked a tree behind him and showed that he was a old man,he hesitated and but still hit the man anyway.

the old man was thrown off the ground by the force that was landed at his arm,landing on a stack of hay.
Evir walked to the man and fumbled ,groping in the darkness for a matchstick,striked the matchstick and managed to make out that the man was although breathing heavily,but not afraid of light.

-------
l
l
l he night was driven away by the sunlight,spilling into the window of the tree house.

Evir had realised that the man he struck was actually his uncle,who was living in Elitia.

Evir apologised and asked the old man if he had any details of this whole castotrophe,the old man replied in a very dry voice,"the night was darker than any,i heard screams and shouting,i looked out of the window and was hit by a massive force ,a gust of air.It slammed me against a wall."
then i came upon this tree house,i saw some footsteps tracing here in the mud..
."

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Considering that Elitia was one of the very town being affected by this,epidemic or some sort of revolution.
they both made way to set up a barricade in a clearing in a dense forest,just behind the forsaken mansion......

"Hai,Help me with this."
the old man cried,straining his back,veins bulging on his neck

Evir quickly took over his job of stacking oaks cut down by their newly made axe,badly done.from Evir's memory of how his dad used to tie broken things together

Night came quickly,the barricade was done poorly but was protected by booby traps,deftly made by the old man.

the night was quiet.A owl hooted.

Evir felt the dog nudging at him with it's nose.
his uncle had the axe in hand,gripping it tightly peeping through the 8 foot tall wall.Evir asked wat was happening and he replied.there's something.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Great story, i think you should name the story after the undead or whatever they are(find a name for them first)

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i was thinking of naming it zombie avalanche?

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

How about The Wake of the Dead

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

=) not bad but so far have you enjoyed the story?
we shall wait while the story develops.....muahahaha
then we decide the name

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

geee.wat an unpopular thread..

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

love your story man iits cool

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

ty=)i will update it tommorrow STAY TUNE!!!

Showing 1-15 of 21