ForumsWEPRPeople losing their morals

43 7097
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok i know i haven't been posting much lately with school starting back and everything, and i didn't see this specific topic yet (correct me if im wrong, im kinda off today) this rather disturbing discussion sparked an idea to post this. Do you think people are forgetting or just not caring about their morals today? this person told me "hey dude you should have sex man, its fun!" i told him that i wasn't interested in it at the moment and told him a few reasons why. We both are the same age (in my opinion too early too have sex). What do you think about this?

• 43 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You have sex when you have nothing better to do.

Cheap.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't be having sex with my girlfriend if we were to be Sky diving at the time.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

It really depends on what you think is a moral. The parents are mainly to blame for why most kids don't use manners. Another part is the media and all these young stars doing stupid stuff. In the past, you would become a nobody if you did something bad. Now, people like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Miley Cyrus are pushed into the lime light when they do something bad. Kids see that and think doing something bad will make them famous. Parents really need to start caring. My parents raised me well and I always say "Hello Mr. _____ or hello Mrs. ______"

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Dont blame everything on parents. They don't control their child's thoughts. They can only input new thoughts (telling them its wrong, etc) and hoping they understand.

And not so much that people are losing their morals, but are gaining new ones.

These new ones are bad though.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Dont blame everything on parents. They don't control their child's thoughts. They can only input new thoughts (telling them its wrong, etc) and hoping they understand.

And not so much that people are losing their morals, but are gaining new ones.

These new ones are bad though.

I never said blame it all on the parents. I said they are mainly to blame. That does not mean all. The problem is that there are a lot of parents that just don't care anymore. They don't care if their kids do drugs or break the law. It is sad but true.

They are replacing their old morals with these new ones so they are still losing their (good) morals.
Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

i totally agree no one gives a crap about anything anymore

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

I agree with total ive seen alot of parents who let their kids cuss and dont care id they beat up a kid whos younger, smaller and weaker. These are the kids who will aspire to nothing because they care about nothing. They'll probably get fired from their job because they have no morals so hardwork or treating the customer with respect wont happen.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Morality is something that humans created, and everyone is raised with a sense of knowing that something is wrong or right. Some people are raised without this type of basic understanding. It depends on the parents. I think even though some people argue that sex is natural, killing is part of nature, stop worrying about artificial morals. I believe that it is necessary to teach and grow up with morals because it makes for a better society that has values and aspirations. I believe that sex and love are something special and that they should coexist. Even though love might be natures trick to get us to help women to take care of babies, I prefer to believe and feel like its something nice. So, I don't think that people should go around mating with everyone else (I'm not saying they can't) I would just prefer not to, because I value my love and sex. Not just as something to throw around. And about manners...everything a person does is essentially based on how they were raised. f parents nowadays don't care about reinforcing such things, their kids won't be well behaved.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They don't care if their kids do drugs or break the law. It is sad but true.

This always tends to be low wage earning families btw.
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Nah. The majority of the guys in my mixed-ethnic school are middle/above-middle class and they spend their evenings smoking pot, drinking, vandalizing, and stealing (yeah, they actually do steal for fun).

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well Wow...
Most of the time it tends to be low wage earning families? Heh...

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Nah. They're just the ones who get in trouble for it. Richer people use prescription drugs and crack or something. It's actually pretty sad that the lower wage people are actually targeted for drug possession. The government targets what drugs the lower classes use and crack down on them, and then the richer adults say "wow" (with a bit of white powder in their nose) after seeing that on t-v.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

o.O why does the government target poor families of drugs possessions?

Are they trying to make it seem like their doing something useful >_>

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

of course people are.. its a rarity to see someone hold the door for a woman, or open the car door for her, or carry their bags.. because kids think now that to do that is to be a wimp/uncool/etc.. part is the parents, part the role models, and mostly the person is to blame

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Its all about environments. You get used to people acting/speaking in a certain way and get used to it and think its normal. To you something you see as ok could be seen as totally wrong somewhere else. Thats where cultural differences come in. In Nigeria men are expected to beat their wives and yet in many parts of the world this is frowned upon and downright illegal. Morals themselves can be defined in different ways as mankind invented them. I would say that morals have their roots in religion, to make people far behaving in a 'morally wrong' way.

Showing 16-30 of 43