ForumsWEPRPeople losing their morals

43 7098
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Ok i know i haven't been posting much lately with school starting back and everything, and i didn't see this specific topic yet (correct me if im wrong, im kinda off today) this rather disturbing discussion sparked an idea to post this. Do you think people are forgetting or just not caring about their morals today? this person told me "hey dude you should have sex man, its fun!" i told him that i wasn't interested in it at the moment and told him a few reasons why. We both are the same age (in my opinion too early too have sex). What do you think about this?

• 43 Replies
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

Woody is right we have certain morals because of our culture but soem have no morals at all which is even worse.
@GreatZulu638
i still hold doors open and say yes ma'm all the time true moral i have

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I'm 24 and I my apartment is near a bus stop. Maybe it's the type of kids that take the bus in my city but as I've walked past them they always seem to be fighting, smoking (these are probably udnerage kids), swearing LOUDLY, littering, hasseling other bus riders (occasionaly talking shit to me as I walk by which is funny cause i'm 24 6'2" 190 pounds and most likely could beat the crap out them...and then go to jail)

Maybe I'm just old, but I think that teenagers these days are worse than teenagers ten years ago when I was teen and we were far from being "good kids"

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

It depends tho. i lived on an estate or 'the projects' as u americans call them when i was a kid and i know so many people who sound just like the kids u mentioned. I will say again that it is all about environments. Half my m8s in my skl years either had 1 parent. i think thats to blame. Not having good role models at home who tell u the difference between right and wrong can cause serious issues when u get older and into your teenage years. When you live in an environment where there is no one to teach you morals and people get shot/stabbed and beaten on a weekly occurance no wonder the youth seem bad to lots of people.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I know what you guys mean, it seems like kids are becoming less polite, and seem to think it's cool to cause trouble and be disrespectful. I don't know if this is true or not but it sure seems like it. I was generally a pretty good kid, so I didn't experience too many bad things when I was younger. Kids have always done bad things, it was probably worse when our parents were young, but i seems like kids who will get into bad things are doing them at much younger ages.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's kind of sad how my generation's turning out. I think that they do what they do because they're bored. They feel like everything's too easy for them, so they do dangerous things to get their kicks.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

well(speaking for things in London) as time has gone on each generation has less and less respect for the traditions of old. Sadly one of these percieved 'traditions' was good manners and respect. That has stopped completely now and younger kids run wild. I blame the increasingly secualr society and the effect of immigraion on this country(uk). Religion was one of the few things that held communities together in the old days but now no one goes to church. Imiigration efffected it because the original immigrants (like my mum and dad) went through terrible racismand so taught their kids to hat e the establishment for what they suffered. That is what i think about it but i realise this is specific to England so i shant de;ve too deeply into it.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

can somebody explain this to me, i do not get this fully

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i was just basically sayin the main problems for the lack of morals in young people (in the uk) was secualr society and also immigration. If u cant get ur head around it dont worry.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

yes one time my dad was going to be nice to someone and clean there garage he said he'd do it for nothing one of their kids comes outside while he's doing it he's in the kid's way and the kid yells at him. "just move your a$$ already!"

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

Yeah maybe it's just because it is not anymore allowed to hit kids or i dont really know why

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Yeah maybe it's just because it is not anymore allowed to hit kids or i dont really know why

Thats one. Theres no authority over kids these days, their mind evolves freely.
armor_warrior
armor_warrior
1,122 posts
Peasant

i feel that it is very sickening that everyday some kid is getting drugged under a tree, or a 15 year old getting drunk and dieing in a car crash, or like u said 14 year old wanting to have sex, we cant cant change their mind but i do think that they have lost all morals.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

im not too much against 14 year old sex. I know tons of people who lost it at that age and it wasnt that 'morally' wrong. I think its a persoanl choice if people are rady or not. However i think its sickening if 14 year olds feel they have to lose it young cos of peer pressure and things like that. As long as its protected sex and both parties are ready emotionally and physically then i think its fine at 14. Some people are just more mature than others.

Showing 31-43 of 43