ForumsWEPRJudging Problems in Olympics

44 8825
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea i just watched the woman's gymnastics with Nastia Lukin and the uneven bar. that was totally unfair!!!!! she did a better technique and more accurate than the Chinese!! and when they did the tie breaker that was even more unfair!!! the progress that they showed was totally unacceptable. Nastia was supposed to get the gold medal!! also there have been reports that the judges were favoring the Chinese!! i saw in boxing it happened once. and they say that in other sports too!! i know that the judges arent Chinese but competitors like Russia are complaining!!!

so what do you think??? are their judging problems in the olympics??

• 44 Replies
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

basketball dosent have judges they have referees!!! ive been watching
basketball ever since i was three and i think the referees were fair!!
@Agent 86
the tiebreaker rule was totally unexceptable. thats what they did to Nastia Lukin in the womens uneven bars. that was unfair!! also i know what you are saying in having judges from other countries but one time in diving china made there way to be a judge and in many events they would give them a slight lead and reporters were complaining!!!

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Was anyone watching the First USA v China basketball game? The judges were INCREDIBLY biased.

But USA won by 30 points! That proves that skills can beat any bias.
(sorry about the double post)
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

the tiebreaker rule was totally unexceptable. thats what they did to Nastia Lukin in the womens uneven bars. that was unfair!! also i know what you are saying in having judges from other countries but one time in diving china made there way to be a judge and in many events they would give them a slight lead and reporters were complaining!!!
Well, I don't know about diving, but gymnastics is a subjective sport. Whatever the judges score is the rule.
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

thats wat stinks!

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

[/quote]But USA won by 30 points! That proves that skills can beat any bias.[quote]

This isn't really our point though. I don't care if "skills can beat bias." Your also pretty much admitting that the refferees were biased. The US would have beaten china by at least 50 if there were was fair reffereeing.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It dowsn't matter if you won by 50 points or 5, a win is a win, and I don't think team USA is complaining about a 30 point win.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

okay.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

for me, though, the highlight of that game was that with only a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, Yao Ming was still cheering on his teammates. That's sportsmanship.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

i dont like yao ming! yea thats sportsmanship but he probably did it just for the media. plus i dont think theyll get in the medal round because they are like 2-3 or something

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

he probably did it just for the media.
I don't think so. He's not the type of guy to crave attention.
Boxy
Boxy
3 posts
Nomad

i agree. i hope people can find out a better way to judge the performances. the chinese girl wasn't as good as nastia. she messed up a lot.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

yeah, i agree with you boxy.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Ah, now you realize the one of the problems with our society. Bias. It corrupts the mind.

If you don't know what bias is, look it up.

JustLacrosse21
JustLacrosse21
248 posts
Nomad

nastia lukin got ripped off in the gymnastics...... they should have given 2 golds and leave out the bronze..... but they started a gay point system and she lost...... worst judging i have ever seen

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

hey thats right!!!! your country is going to have the advantage in 2012! that stinks!

I disagree that we(Brits) will have the advantage in 2012 where judging is concerned. All previous Olympics have been judged well(at least to my knowledge). Anyway us Brits are all for fair play and as long as we come above the Aussies and the Krauts then i dont care about the US (who i want to beat China by the way). China is the exception as there is lots of pressure on them to do well and showcase their 'greatness'. The Us will nearly alsways do well in the athletics because they have an abundance of probably the two biggest factors where athletics is concerned. Money and population.
Showing 16-30 of 44