ForumsWEPRJudging Problems in Olympics

44 8827
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

yea i just watched the woman's gymnastics with Nastia Lukin and the uneven bar. that was totally unfair!!!!! she did a better technique and more accurate than the Chinese!! and when they did the tie breaker that was even more unfair!!! the progress that they showed was totally unacceptable. Nastia was supposed to get the gold medal!! also there have been reports that the judges were favoring the Chinese!! i saw in boxing it happened once. and they say that in other sports too!! i know that the judges arent Chinese but competitors like Russia are complaining!!!

so what do you think??? are their judging problems in the olympics??

• 44 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

The new scoring system for gymnastics is nor bad. The new tiebreaker is. It just doesn't make sense (for those of you who didn't watch, the tiebreaker removes the next lowest score and averages the remaining three.) Where is the logic! Also, the judges were extremely strict about Nastia's routine and very (suspciously) lax on the (probably underage) chinese girl. I diddent see the Boxing, but I at least hope that that was not as obvious. It probably was. And the vault. The girl that fell (.8 deduction) won the perfectly stuck landing of... was it Luiken or Johnson? That was some strict judging towards the americans. Bela from NBC was furious. That was funny to watch, but I still felt like we just keep getting ripped off. Oh yeah, and the chinese divers do deserve the scores they are getting. That does not mean they can steal gymanstics and boxing medals.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

They wont win the boxing medal as the chinese geezer didnt get through the next round but its still the principle of the thing rele.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

not likely the Chinese have underage kids going to the Olympics and they are forging their papers. The Olympic committee is not corrupt because its a bunch or random people from different countries.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok last night at the diving, there was a Chinese diver. He did a great job, but not much better then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place people, in fact barely a better job. But while the other three averaged an 8.5 overall, he averaged a 9.8.

Everyone i have talked to thinks this was fixed, even the announcer sounded like she thought something was wrong.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

A few nights ago, did any one see the individual events for gymanistics? The one Chinese girl, Cheng Fei, fell and landed on her knees on the vault. She still got bronze, ahead of the American girl Alicia Sacrimonie, who nailed both her vaults. I am pretty suspicious of the judging of these olympics, especially in gymnastics but in everything really. It all seems to favor the Chinese.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The one Chinese girl, Cheng Fei, fell and landed on her knees on the vault. She still got bronze, ahead of the American girl Alicia Sacrimonie, who nailed both her vaults.

Yeah i did notice that. It was quite odd. Although i would not say that she nailed both of her vaults. I think she just did a better job.

Also, did anyone else here about the Chinese girl who was only 14. You have to be 16 to compete. And even after they found out, they still let here compete, then she went on to win some medals. I think that is pretty ridiculous also.
iSpades
iSpades
13 posts
Nomad

Boxing judges are bad,,, they always give more points to previous champions etc.

felix60
felix60
223 posts
Shepherd

the judges are not suppose to give favor to the chinesse atletes, simpy because the judges are not ALL chinese..

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

the judges are not suppose to give favor to the chinesse atletes, simpy because the judges are not ALL chinese..

but the judges are under pressure when the chinesse people go and start cheering. then they think it was better than they thought and give them a better score. and also i noticed Australia is giving lower scores than other countries on both sides. i dont like them too much!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Never liked the Aussies much miself kielzanie good man! I rele hope we(GBR) beat them in the medals table.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

but i dont think GBR is going to win the medal count. if you look on NBC dot com, you will see they only got 37. China 79 and US 82.
sorry man think youll have to wait till next 2 years when winter olympics are on or next 4 years. in the beggining i thought US will be battling GBR for the medals not china!!
PS. do you get full coverage of only British team or US. if you can watch the US redeem team their amazing!!!!

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

oh yea you are beating Australia by one medal

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i never thought we were gonna win in the medlas i just want us to come above the aussies. Nah we were never gonna b contenders. We dont have enough people. This has been a really good year for us though. Our cyclists have been immense. Chris Hoy is an absoloute DON with 4 golds. I get a lot more on the Brits than i do for the yanks. I enjoy basketball tho. I havent been following da US team tho as it hasnt bin on Brit tv very much. I like basketball as its rele popular in Greece as im half.

iceburn
iceburn
119 posts
Nomad

China abuses it's athletes, thecoach for gymnastics said he'd jump off the highest building f his squad didn't win at least two medals, whch it did

Showing 31-44 of 44