ForumsWEPRVideo games in the Olympics.

31 6184
MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

I was one of the many people to watch the CGS gaming championship. Now the coach for this years champions Birmingham Salvo wants video games in the Olympics. Should there be video games in the big rings?

• 31 Replies
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Does it upset you that we are attempting to argue this topic? What if the video games....were about Olympic sports? huh? What then..we could have virtual Olympics!! ... online! no need to travel to other countries!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

ye lol that would be the day.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya thats when Mcdonalds takes over everything and we are so fat, we can only pretend to do Olympic sports.

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

video games should not be accepted, they arent sports, they are VIDEO GAMES!

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Maybe laser-tag or something. But thats not really a video game. Oh, well.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, they have BMX racing now, so anything is possible!

MechanizedGrinder
MechanizedGrinder
232 posts
Nomad

well playing video games is not really a sport its more like entertainment

venturakid94
venturakid94
107 posts
Nomad

IMO, not to be like offensive in any sense, but most of the olympic watchers are like older guys, that just wana watch sports. alot of people, including me, would get bored watching video games on the olympics, unless they had it on another channel.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

this is probably the second or third to the worst idea I've ever heard.

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

That would be quite stupid in my opinion. I'm not much of a fan of video games, as a matter of fact, I don't even HAVE any video games, so I most certainly would go against having video games ruin the pure fun of the olympics. It is made for the sole purpose of seeing who's the best in each category of the olympics.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

The Olympics is about international sports and athleticism, not 'wnage.'

I lol'd.
IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

All of you guys have been saying and i'll say it again. Olympics is PHYSICAL videogames take no athletic ability and should therefore not be in the Olympics.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

1) I agree with IPwnU2Day but I think there should be a mental Olympics to test the name
2) Hackers!

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

sor I ment mind instead of name

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

A...mental Olympics? Are you kidding me? Who would want to watch people solve quantum physics problems? Who would want to COMPETE in solving quantum physics problems?

Showing 16-30 of 31