ForumsSupport ForumUse your own Armatar!

20 4386
NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

Couldn't Carlie or someone make an option that you can copy an image and paste it as your armatar, beacause i REALLY want Link as my armatar or Master Cheif!

• 20 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Ok people stop replying to this post its dead so stop seriously don't complain or something just <b>let this topic die already.</b>

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I'm really sorry, but this has been brought up and shot down at least a dozen times. Heres a list of the problems this brings up:

1. Possible inappropriate content.
2. Copyrighted Figures may be used, and that could get AG sued. You yourself said you wanted Master Chief.
3. Someone could easily just use a picture of a 10,000 AP armatar as theirs, and claim they had that many points.
4. The armatars are also a type of ranking, which would be seriously corrupted by using any picture anyone wanted.
5. The armatars are made by an independent artist that AG pays alot of money to. For people to just use their own pictures would mean the hundreds of dollars spent would be wasted.
6. AG wouldn't release any more armatars if people could use their own, as it would cost too much.
7. I'd quit if this happened.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Why would u quit over a simple armatar change???

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Indeed, there are some issues with this. But as always, we keep everyone's suggestions in mind when making updates. Even the guy who told me I should get a stick and... well... nevermind, not that suggestion.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Why would u quit over a simple armatar change???

An armatar change? No, an armatar change would be like switching the point values of some of them, or removing a few, or changing the colors. This would be an armatar abolishment, and I personally really like the armatars, for me thats the main focus of getting points, is the armatars. I don't really care about how many points I have, just when I get the next set of armatars. They're great, and they add a personal touch to AG no other site has. If I wanted to just use whatever picture there was around, what would restrict me from going to like AddictingGames or Kongregate or Miniclip or whatever? That's what I'd do, if the armatars weren't being made any more, and people were using whatever, I wouldn't have a reason to be on AG. You come for the games, stay for the armatars. No armatars, and a lot of people wouldn't stay. Ask around, almost everyone will say the armatars are a serious part of AG.
Showing 16-20 of 20