ForumsWEPRThis is something Teenagers and kids around the world want to do.

37 5321
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I was just on Yahoo and went to the topic about the 18 playing of Final Fantasy online. I then see this topic. I know you all want this to happen to you.

[url=http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/16-year-old-quits-school-to-play-video-game/1238119]

• 37 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

dont laugh flipski its a serious matter. He nneds time to train and has a rigorous schedule. Lol i am joking of course he is a twat.

trigger347
trigger347
33 posts
Peasant

LOL. both of those stories are amusing but resonate at home a bit. I was sooo addicted to diablo II in high school and many of my friends stayed home to play it. Clearly the 16 year old has no idea what it takes to pay for things and his parents should say 'ok, go to school or get a job and pay us rent'. at least that is what I would say.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, he obviously thinks he can make a living doing this, while in reality he would be lucky to make $2000 dollars a year.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

No one is going to pay him to do what every other teenager does in their free time. He can only get money by winning competitions, and what are the chances of that? You have to be the #1 gamer, and since almost every teenager does it in their free time, he has a very slim chance.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Jesus, the kid's an idiot if he think he's going to get anywhere. I mean, it's bad enough actors get paid loads just to say a few words, but he seriously thinks he can make a living out of it?

His parents shouldn't have budged, they did their son a disservice. I'm all for going after what you're passionate about, but at least think it through!

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Most people who play GH can't play guitar for real, because they require quite different skill sets!

Very true my friends the lead guitarist for a band he's been playing all his life but when he tried to play guitar hero on medium he failed his first song right away lol He got better though so you can be good at both learning real guitar is much harder though.

No one is going to pay him to do what every other teenager does in their free time. He can only get money by winning competitions, and what are the chances of that? You have to be the #1 gamer, and since almost every teenager does it in their free time, he has a very slim chance.
I was listening to this on thr radio and i think he IS the #1 gamer which tells me that he didnt really do any school work anyway.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yeah to be that good its simply just spending every minute playing the game and its nothing like guitar.
I'm alright at GH and cant play real guitar and my mates the opposite. Thought your dude is pretty impressive.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

It's funny, but I feel kind of proud to not be good at GH. I feel like it's a sign that I'm not addicted to it.

stumpyyy
stumpyyy
173 posts
Nomad

Wow. i would never do that. I do like GH. but not enough to drop out of school.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well at this point its just going to get worse,and actually I know a friend who is pretty good at guitar hero and regular guitar.Thats not the point though.If his parents want him to have a screwed up life then they screwed up too,and will be looked down upon,since they let him turn out that way,but I'm just glad I never wanted that game.I guess its because my dad always hated it,because its nothing like the real thing(He used to be in the navy steel band as a drummer)so I think I would rather learn how to play the real drums in my spare time,then waist away trying to prove how I don't have a life outside of video games like this guy is.I've found it to be easy to break habits,but some people are obviously not the same as me.All I can say is that making money of playing video games will get you nowhere....at least for now.Although learning how to make them will actually get you somewhere.

MechanizedGrinder
MechanizedGrinder
232 posts
Nomad

i dont actually wnt to drop out of school just to focus on videogames.
im better of getting a life thn just playing around in a video world

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Its not the gaming industrys responsibility what the gamer does once he has bought the game. It is their fault they are sad and play it all day long.

You might as well defend the tobacco industries. Playing is fun and "cool". Why would people not play them o.O
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You know I remember when video games were just a small thing people did in a small bit of their time,like playing board games,or watching T.V. but now its become ridiculous with all of the things they have to where they want to make video games almost like real life,especially with the vest they have that lets you feel the bullets,and the replica drum set,and the race car simulators.Its all become too much at this point.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Those are some crappy parents. And he may be the envy of the teens now, but when he's working at McDonlads then he's not going to be very popular then.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

[quote]You know I remember when video games were just a small thing people did in a small bit of their time,like playing board games,or watching T.V. but now its become ridiculous with all of the things they have to where they want to make video games almost like real life,especially with the vest they have that lets you feel the bullets,and the replica drum set,and the race car simulators.Its all become too much at this point.

its not bad they want to make it lifelike but honestly you can do anything to much, so some people just play video games to mutch but hey it beats drinking or drugs

Showing 16-30 of 37