ForumsWEPRWe just need to stand together

23 5638
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

We have the power to grow and make a change. We can stand together and demand to wear what we want and not them machine forming uniforms in school. We can stand and demand better education. We can stop that Wall-Mart from taking over our small peacefull community. We can comfort our brothers and sisters fighting our war. We can take down those suing the simple innocent man. We can stand against the drugs and sex that rot the ill-minded children. We can lower gas prices. We can stop any war. We can bring peace to the world. We can take away the power of the rich who force us to make them their riches by dieing for them. We can help anybody get back on their feet.

Together, we the simple people of this world can make any change big or small. The only problem, nobody wants to be "the one" to start the chain and when someone does attempt to start a chain fighting for you... you kick them and tell them it's hopelless as you spit in their face. Together we rise but Individually they heard us around like fat cattle waiting to be slain to feed the rich *******s who profit from war, profit from taking our donations, profit from killing our economy so they themselves may live comfortably.

Take a stand and join those fighting for you. Don't kick them down because you think they are dreaming to big. Society dreams small enough as it is.

I post this so that you may think about what you do to help yourself and those around you. It is easy to laugh at the person walking around telling everyone to do something crazy to over ride some stupid rule or event... even if you do think it would be nice to over ride it, but you laugh anyways because you beleive it is pointless. Maybe if less people thought like that and everyone was crazy, maybe we would get somewhere. You don't have to be much of anything to be succesful in making a change. Big or Small.

• 23 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am a firm beliver that people working as a team are far stronger than individuals so i agree with aspects of wht you posted. However the rest of this post i dont agree with. You claim that 'we' can achieve anything however you dont give any ways of how you would do this. You dont take into account the countless political, socialogical and economic factors that affect for instance the price of gas like you mentioned. I am also a firm beliver in rules to a point. Without them there would be chaos which you seem to think is a good thing but i dont. This is also a little incoherent as in the beginning you say how we need to stand together yet at the end you say how individuals can make a difference. What was the focus of this thread?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is also a little incoherent as in the beginning you say how we need to stand together yet at the end you say how individuals can make a difference.

Individuals, plural for a group of people who do not belong to any single group. I talk more about the individual in a person near the end because we are all individuals. I was talking through the eyes of a single person.

Anyways I spoke loosely of this. I was talking as of to give people an idea about doing what they think is right even if they do beleive it is crazy. I said we can lower gas prices but I did not provide the answer of how because I am talking about how people need to stand togetehr for their beleifs and rights, not for that specific problem.

I provided no direct answers here. I will admit that I do not know how we could lower gas prices but nobody even tries. With as many people in this country as we have... we should have enough people to come up with SOMETHING. Whatever that something is, I am sure would require a lot of people to co operate despite if they think it sounds crazy.

This is something to make you think, I am not askin people if my idea is good or not. I am spreading the word.
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

ditto that brother

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

With as many people in this country as we have... we should have enough people to come up with SOMETHING.

Gas prices arent just an american problem(im guessin u r a yank as most people on here are) its the entire world. Its not because not enough people have put their heads together and tried to figure out this prblem that it hasnt been solved. It is the simple geological fact that we are running out of oil. Nothing we can do will change that. The rise in price is a response to the rise in demand and the lack of supply. Anyways u should try living in england. It costs around £1.30 a litre for petrol and it costs around £100 thats $200 to fill up a tank so i get sik of americans complaining about it wen it costs them lke $30 to do so. But thats a separate matter.

I am not askin people if my idea is good or not. I am spreading the word.

As much as you may want to spread the word, this is not the place to do it. The forums are meant to be a place of debate. You cannot just make announcements.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I am not complaining about gas prices, but if gas prices are a problem that everyone can agree with then shouldnt everyone get togetehr and think of something?

Anyways you fail to see the point of this thread. I am not complaining about what is wrong and saying we need to fix it. I am complaining that we all can agree on what is wrong yet we fail to even try to fix the problem.

As much as you may want to spread the word, this is not the place to do it. The forums are meant to be a place of debate. You cannot just make announcements.

How terribly wrong you are...
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

We do not fail to try to fix the problem. Why do you think so much work has been put in by so many people around the world. The development of more efficient oil drills as well as new techniques for drilling which now enable us to drill through very hard rocks. Belive me people way smarter than you and i have been working on this problem fo years. You should do your research before you make statements like that.

Explain how i am wrong for that is what i belive they are for unless i am mistaken.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

woody, stop changing my words around. i am talkign about people who are regular folks, not people who think of that stuff out as part of their job. This is not even about that problem so stop debating against somethign completely off topic. I am talking about what regualr peopel can do to help. That was an example.

You are wrong about what you said. The forums are not "just" for debating.

Now stop trying to act liek I am wrong abotu something when you don't even know what the topic is. Seriously... you missed the whole point alltogether. I know people are workign on helping out with oil, but when I said taht togetehr we can lower gas prices. I meant that if every individual person worked towards a common goal instead of sit back and do nothing and if they worked hard enough at it then they could get somewhere.

But because you realy want to debate this so badly, I have a suggestion. Maybe the common people should start demanding that more hybrids be made and sold for less money. Hybrids cost more than regular cars and a lot of people feel they might as well just buy a gas guzzler.

BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well regualar people are busy with their own lives which is why there are scientists working on solutions. Also what defines regular people? People who arent employedin scientific fields? I just think you are a little naiive to think that if everyone would put their focus on something it would get done. Its not that simple. People have their own problems and their own lives to live and their own responsibilities and goals. Just because there are major problems in the world doesnt mean that people are being lazy and sitting back. They have their own priorities. I just think thus is a bit dumb rele.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Land of Confusion by Disturbed ( the video) shows a great example of regular people standing up. see the video

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

This is kind of funny. The first couple lines of the first paragraph on the first post pertain exactly to the predicament I am in. Currently the school I am at is trying to control us more than necessary. It is a college prep school, yet they seem to take away more and more freedoms every year... it is not making sense to me, and it is making me rather frustrated and I am going to do something about it because I don't think that it is right. I am going to get involved in student Government, I want to be "the one" that is known as a rebel throughout the school, a rebel not because I broke the rules, but because I protested and tried to make a change.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

You are jsut tryign to argue my point when you don't even know what the point of this thread is... seriously. I spoke loosely for a reason so don't think too deeply into this.

Well regualar people are busy with their own lives which is why there are scientists working on solutions. Also what defines regular people? People who arent employedin scientific fields? I just think you are a little naiive to think that if everyone would put their focus on something it would get done. Its not that simple. People have their own problems and their own lives to live and their own responsibilities and goals. Just because there are major problems in the world doesnt mean that people are being lazy and sitting back. They have their own priorities. I just think thus is a bit dumb rele.

I did not say people had to stand together for those things, I am saying that if people stood together we COULD change those things. You are the type of person to hate something but when someone fights the sistem your the git who spits in their eye and say that what they did won't work.

Steevo, one thing that got me thinking was my school. We have to go to the cafateria in the mornings or some other area of the building and we can not roam freely aroudn the school in the mornings untill 15 min till school starts. The hallways are so conjusted as they are and when I walk the halls I am amazed at how much we look like cattle being pushed into a building gettign ready to be cut up. My problem is that I am tired of being so crowded in the mornings. We should be allowed to stand outside and in the halls. I don't see why we couldn't. They act like we will do something wrong which is true, being all over willcause problems but if you fix every problem you end up doing more harm than good. If only everyone started standing outsicde to wait for school to start untill teachers told them to go inside (every day) or people went into the office suggesting we be allowed anywhere then eventually they would let up. That is an example of what I am talking about. Woody of course wouldn't do that cause hes a passive kid who finds problems but leaves everyone else to fix them.
Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

if i every have autoratah over a nuclear weapon i will bomb you.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I agree with you if we all work together we are indestructible we are more pwerful then we think but people just don't care!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Human nature prevents us from standing together. We distrust, we are greedy, we are mean. We can never be united.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Some people don't even try to make a change because they see the actions some people take as &quotointless, it is not possible to unite so many people which is why I am not taking part in this."

The sad thing is, most of the people not taking part are those who feel not enough others are taking part in the event. They are the majority of people who would if they had proof it worked but the proof won't come untill they all get up and try.

Showing 1-15 of 23