ForumsWEPRObama Picks Joe Biden as Running Mate.

21 5275
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veep_biden_profile

Obama picked Senator Joe Biden of Delaware as his running mate. Biden brings a lot of expereience (ten more years than McCain) that some believe Ombama is missing. He's not affraid to speak his mind and would be a great sounding board for a president. He has a lot of foreign relations experience which I think could cause a great change in our relations with the rest of the world, which has been as of these past 7 years degrading.

One drawback, that might be capitazlied on by republicans, is that Biden voted for the war, but has since become a critic of the way it's been run.

Well, let the s*#% storm begin. Criticism, praise, anyone?

• 21 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well you know that someone is going to bring up some ignorant argument about how they wanted Clinton to be his running mate and how he is going to lose without her.Then there will be people who are going to say he is going to lose no matter what because they support McCain.I didn't originally know who he was,but now that I have seen what he is about I'm actually quite glad O'Bama chose some one who knows what they are doing.Really O'Bama has brought in the experience needed that will help him with things such as foreign policy,and such.Not only that,but someone who is willing to speak up if O'Bama is doing something he disagrees with so I think this was an excellent choice.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Hey, not to be picky but its Obama not O'Bama. He's not Irish it's not a huge deal I just thought it was kinda funny that you typed O'Bama cause it made me think of an Irish Barack and that made me laugh.

But yeah, I agree with a lot of what you've stated above, especially about Biden being someone who isn't affraid to disagree. We don't need a yes man as Vice Pres.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well Obama mother was a Irish immigrant last time I checked,and there is a form of that name that is spelled that way,but anyways I agree with the rest of what you just said.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

After all the crap that Hillary put Obama through, why would he choose her as a running mate? Joe Biden was up there on my top picks for VP though...I was really hoping for Bill Richardson. Since he served on the Clinton cabinet, he would quite possibly draw in Clinton supporters. He, like Biden, also has tons of foreign policy experience, and would make a great balance with Obama's domestic strengths.

However, seeing as he's Latino, the American people might not go for that. It would be the same if he chose Hillary as VP. The American people can only handle one breakthrough at a time in my opinion.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, Obama says that he wants to get away from the old Washington and away from the old way of things. Yet he picked a running mate from the old Washington...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well Biden isn't like most people in Washington mainly because he doesn't live there.He isn't corrupted by Washington and is a good debater who will speak out when Obama is doing something wrong.No matter how you look at it.This is an excellent choice.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

Well Biden isn't like most people in Washington mainly because he doesn't live there.He isn't corrupted by Washington and is a good debater who will speak out when Obama is doing something wrong.

Look, I lived right across the Potomac from Washington D.C. all my life, you don't need to live in D.C. to be corrupt; D.C. will come to you. Trust me, I saw the news every day, I heard the stories all the time. Obama and Tabbi for pres.
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Obama made a good choice in selecting someone with experience and from the East coast, however it might have been smarter to choose a governor, so that he would get votes from having a running mate with leadership experience.

Don't like either Maobama or McSame though, I would vote for Mickey Mouse if I could vote (I'm a libertarian, but I don't trust Barr :P).

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

You gave the link wrong, Dizzy. (It got messed up I suppose)

Here it is:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veep_biden_profile%3C/Obama

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

I think its a pretty good decision on obama's part.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Unfortunately, not many people like Biden.

He is a jerk and has bad polices and what not, and over the years, people have generally disliked him. This will lower Obama's approval rating.

It's a fact, face it Drace, face it :0

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Biden also is an appeaser, just like Obama. Both of them will say anything to stir up a crowd.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Agent_86. You mention that Biden has been in Washington for a long time but I bet you're of the same camp that Obama doesn't have enough experience. So Obama does something to help his "lack" of expereicence and you still complain. As, I've said elsewhere, some people jsut can't be persuaded. Obama could do everything right and you'd still complain about him.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I think it's a good decision.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Biden is not well liked, and now, 25% of democratic voters are now voting republican. Stupid move Obama.

Showing 1-15 of 21