ForumsSupport ForumA way to reduce spam......

22 3341
Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

I am often caught writing comments with less then 7 words like "whats up" or "add me" so maybe for people who believe in not spamming there should be a quick chat kinda thing, that gives no points and has a "QC" in the top right corner which would mean Non-Spam, and mods wouldn't have to give warnings, and if someone constantly reposted these they could be flagged.

I really can't find any cons for this so tell me what you think.

• 22 Replies
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I think it a good idea, so yea...
it is a good idea.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Isn't this just like the unofficial AG chat? If you want to do it this way, go there, and station a mod.

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

It would just have basic's like "Whats up", "Want to be friends?", "I would like to join!", or just plain "Hi". Carlie, please tell me what you think.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

wait would this be like a pming system of some sort?which is currently being taken into consideration or like a IM which is not an option.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am not quite sure what you are going for here. Would it be in the messenger? A separate window in profiles? Or a separate chat page altogether?

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

It would be in the forums, game comments and player comments, there would be a button that would give Quick Chat options, so that there would be alot less spamming.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

so you would implement these quick responses that get people no AP,but if they don't use them,then they have no excuse for the short comments?Is that what you mean?

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Meh well honestly its interesting but still spam could be done. Even in these text boxes there will end up being some idiots,for example on a game:fun
fun
really fun...etc. And there used to be something like this but it was shut down and why? Due to spam. So I honestly doubt this will go through,but good thinking!

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Not like an IM, or a chat room, but on your comments that get points, this way you won't get 1,000 points from just saying "Hi".

Like I said, in the top tight corner of your comment it would say "QC" so mods would no it was Non-Spam.

Does that Clarify things?

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Yes, Crimsonblade, that is what I mean.

MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

Why not a seperate box for quick chat right next to the comments?

or have a reply botton to comments that don't add points :/ idk just throwing that out there

MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

also a way to reduce spam will just make people say at least 5 words or so. There will still be spam, but it will just be more thoughtful

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oooh ok, so it would be a clickable option, like the flagging button?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

That would be a prtty coujld idea but would people use it tahts the question we could get it and it mightn't work so oh noes!

Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

Yes! That is what I mean! What do you think?

Showing 1-15 of 22