ForumsSupport ForumVote up/down suggestions.

39 5046
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So. I am thinking instead of all the spam that is brought into threads like "I like the idea" or "I agree". So I am thinking there should be a button letting you vote the idea up or down. Showing a good representation of what the masses like, and it should stop stupid comments, or at least make them spam so they can be deleted or user warned. Also will make room for proper discussion about the subject instead of having to tread through stupid comments to actually try and discuss things.

• 39 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol Lige your irony is not lost with me. But I am the master of humor! > : O

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I know, this is a good Idea.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's spam.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I know, but I still find it funny.

Great idea Klaus!

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Yes that is a good idea actually KlausHouse but I am still pretty sure that people would post "I agree" and stuff but I am pretty sure that it could work!

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

I actually like that. So, before you go into a topic, you'll see something like: Destroy BOB! Last post Avg. Rating: 9.5/10

That'd help me figure out which threads are worth my time.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yeah that is really cool. Now that yu said it like that. I want it even more.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm you mean implement something to where threads get a rating system.Shark I don't think that was the original idea,but it could actually work out a bit better overall.The only issue I think the mods may bring up is that a whole group could vote down an idea just for kicks.This is a common argument about voting systems in AG.If they find a way around that issue then it should be fine.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yeah but it doen't mean a mod won't like it and merit it.

Kererr
Kererr
135 posts
Nomad

There are MANY issues concerning this idea, but yet it could be helpful. I have been on many large forums before, and by large I mean hundreds of new members every day (most spambots).

Spambots could invade and rate good threads down and bad threads up.

Normal members could abuse this as well.

This feature somewhat denies freedom of speech as well...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

It also doesn't mean that they are going to give a merit out for an idea anyways.You know if they started giving out merits what people would start whining about."OMG SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!".Do you get my point here,but seriously I wasn't talking about merits.They can already do that if they want to for all the tournaments.What I am talking about is a good idea going unnoticed because a whole bunch of ignorant kids felt like voting it down because they thought it was funny.Do you understand where I'm getting at?

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

How does this feature deny feature of speech.

Members can abuse anything... they can abuse the flag... they can abuse the vote up already anyways.

MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

Yea the votes can be abused. However a 1 time only for each, per IP adresss.

Idk because if it were 5 thumbs up for a merit, many people will just make 6 accounts to get their first one really good.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

People will still post, because it is for Armor Points. If they don't get AP for voting the idea up or down, they will still just comment.

Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

Yea Carlie is pretty much right on that everyone just cares about AP now *sigh* it makes this ite get annoying but I am staying!

Showing 16-30 of 39