ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3195883
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Ah, come on!! 24 hours!!! But that's days!!! You can't possibly stay tired for 24 hours. Take a Tylenol, eat some food, and judge!!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I wonder if Strop will see it this time...

Waiting
Waiting for the
Water
Boiling water float over
Floating over leaves
Leaves from different plants
that gives off smell
No real taste
Just smell
Sweet
Remember the sugar
Always remember the
Sugar

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Hay you all i am back from camping. Suprised i didnt miss the judging, but anyway cant wait to see all the comments strop is going to make this week! Like your poem mvpguy its from a cool outlook. Cenere, I agree the sugars the best .

_kolak_
_kolak_
220 posts
Nomad

Sitting by the warm,tolerant sea
The water winding between my toes
I wish I had a cup of tea
Little flys tickling my nose
All of my tea is gone
I drank it all
Now I am tired
I just yawned

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Strop you BOGAN! Hurry up...or at least give a new topic!

I am sick of your BOGANNESS!

Grrr!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Sorry guys...that was just me failing -_-

Okay, since I'm too tired to think of anything and this happened to be something I discussed today, I feel like nominating a nasty topic.

Consciousness

Off you go!

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Humm, Consciousness? I think i am a little confused, can you please explain?

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wait what?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The theme "consciousness". Try looking the word up in a dictionary...try even describing what consciousness is. Try defining consciousness.

Hence the challenge of the theme. If one wants the ultimate poetic theme, I suggest they look here.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Well that helped alot strop! Its like those teachers that wont tell you the answer but go make you look it up!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

As King Friday XIII once sang:

Propel, propel, propel your craft,
Unforcefully down the liquid solution.
Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically,
Existence is merely an illusion.

That should sum it up. Consciousness is such an ill-defined (read &quothilosphical&quot term, I'd be surprised if Strop could give a definition. It's like describing color to a person who can see. "Uh, blue is the color of the sky." He chose quite the nasty topic.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

The perfect one, if you ask me. Writing about the abstract really is not hard, it's writing it well that is. No one can really contradict what you say about the abstract; you can supply your own definition.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Is this going to get judged?

And Strop, remember to change the title of the thread...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The title will get changed when I do the judging, which will be as soon as I finish sorting out my notes for my big case presentation tomorrow...

_kolak_
_kolak_
220 posts
Nomad

My toes stink
My shoes are ripped
I can't think
My grandma cut her lip
My poem isn't good
I have to tell you
I don't think I should
Now you don't have a clue