ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe FR2 Artitistic Map Contest

64 15309
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I have decided to create a new contest,for everyone who is good at making very artistic maps,that are both fun to play,and fun to look at.I asked Carlie and the winner will get a merit.Unless I misunderstood her.Of course there will be some rules.First off though each week the art/background of each map needs to follow a specific theme,sort of like how the GFX Art Battles does it.

1.Needs to be of a fairly good length
2.The map needs to follow the weeks theme
3.It needs to be playable
4.It needs to be possible to beat(with any vehicle,as long as you specify)
5.It can not be an auto.I'm sorry but autos bug me.
6.It needs to be appropriate according to AG and my own standards.
7.No stealing other peoples work.
8.Be creative and have fun with it.

OK so to give you some ideas of what exactly the contest is about.The first theme will be War

Example Map

It doesn't have to be necessarily that long in terms of how long the code is,but try to give it a decent length.Also I will not be giving examples for all of the contests,and this first one ends on Saturday,like every other one of them will.I might ask a mod to take over if it becomes to much for me to handle,because of school stuff,but that's it.So let the contest begin.

• 64 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Woah, that is one long map...I better start working.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, I think I'll be dropping out.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Firetail have you even considered looking at the contents of that map.Theone99.While the USA flag is interesting.it feels like you are concentrating more on a whole bunch of ramps,then the art theme.The idea of this game was to have a art themed map,that was artistic in itself.I know you said it was 1/4 done,but when you are finished with it.I would like to see a bit more of a background.Firetail currently you are one of two competitors,so why do you want to drop out?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know, I just don't think I'm made for this. And I did see the example map, with the bomb diving and such. But I just don't like the war topic, and I'm not good with FR2 art either.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I really need you to make it a cave/rock theme. I have an awesome map for that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I just don't know. I don't like mine. I'm afraid I won't be entering. I don't like short time limits either.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I will try to make a new theme next round,bet I don't think it would be a good idea to change it now.Also you were doing fine with what you had so far.It was actually fairly nice.Just try to lose the inferiority complex and try.Also Gman I may try to make the next one country themed.So that would go nicely.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I guess I could add mine carts to mine. Make it more, Wild West themed. It is a cave.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Isn't this a "new map" contest? Not using old maps?

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Gosh firetail! The map took me a month or so. I don't want to have to make a new one!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

>.> You'll win for sure then :P

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

im working on th art just give me time.and also yes ramps are the funnest thing on fr2 so of course i have them...

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I don't know, but I have one every FR2 contest I have entered...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So unfair. Give someone else a chance. *ignores*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ramps are cool, yeah. Good tracks almost always have one.

Showing 16-30 of 64