ForumsSupport ForumMaking ArmorGames more serious!

22 3390
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The thing is people don't get banned until the get reported like a dozen of times.Don't you think make them like limit of 5 subclauses a lot of users get away with it.

• 22 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Very True Carlie....

It is more common for the higher ranked members to Spam isn't it...because they want to get above the next person.

In reality points shouldn't matter...Maybe for one month AG hides the point values, and the Top 100 table, and lets the site act how it is meant to act, as a Flash Gaming site...

KingRyan

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

True, but people who aren't in the top 100 spam to get points so that they can get into the top 100! Then they aim for the top 10 and it just gets worse and worse!

Oh and on the original topic, this wouldn't really work because people would then get to four stars on purpose and brag about how they have got four stars....

KingRyan

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

True, but people who aren't in the top 100 spam to get points so that they can get into the top 100! Then they aim for the top 10 and it just gets worse and worse!

You mean by chatting with other users right?

Anyway, you do bring up a good point of the bragging. Also, the whole 5 star thing is a bit useless. It just drags on and on, until the user gets 5 stars. If anything, it's sending a message that AG tolerates spam to a certain point, then they get serious on you.

I think that a warning or two, then a complete ban would be suffice
bballstardfence
bballstardfence
263 posts
Nomad

wait i am confused what do you want to happen?

southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

i agree with lige none of u can say u aint had a go at some one or swore a few times if u wanna argue hey i even saved the meeages u said so i could show a mod hahah

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I don't like the idea but if a mod would click the star on their profile five times then they get banned but liek not just for being reported.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Anyways an idea similar to this has been suggested before and I think Carlie has said that it would be a bad idea,because showing whether someone was once a spammer or not would be like marking them with a "stay away spammer" mark.

If we had a system like this, it would not be something we would want to have public. It is just like stamping a spammer sticker on someone, that they have to put up with. We don't really like the whole public shaming technique to stop people from spamming. We want to discourage spamming, but not by embarrassing people.
Showing 16-22 of 22