ForumsSupport ForumArmor Credits

8 1851
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

How about instead of wasting your hard earned points, you had a completely separate point system for buying stuff at AG. Mods would control whether you got Credits or not for a post, and how points you got.
Common non-spam post=2 credits
Credited Review-15 credits
Credit Guides-20 Credits
Basically these would merits for forum posts though you'd get credits instead of AP.
Things to get with credits-
100 Credits-Post effects-highlight, different colors,etc.
500 Credits-Forum Skins
1000 Credits-Signature/Avatars uploading-must be submitted for approval by mods first, only 1 sig and 1 avatar per 1000 credits.

• 8 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Mods would control whether you got Credits or not for a post, and how points you got.

This is the part that I don't like... moderators already have quite a lot to do. And people would get upset at them if they did not get credits for things. People already get upset when we don't get merits out fast enough. I can't imagine how many requests we would get to check out peoples comments so they could get credits on it. This would definitely need to be an automated system if we had it.
Claw_Dragon4
Claw_Dragon4
369 posts
Nomad

How about a utton that would let all the ap you get go to actual ap, spending ap, or half and half. (the points are split in half to each side.)

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

This is the part that I don't like... moderators already have quite a lot to do. And people would get upset at them if they did not get credits for things. People already get upset when we don't get merits out fast enough. I can't imagine how many requests we would get to check out peoples comments so they could get credits on it. This would definitely need to be an automated system if we had it.

I know, I know, but automated systems can't detect spam, I suggest electing some TRUSTED members as mini-mods for this, if they give their only give their friends AC, then they'd be be IP-banned. You can't just give into to people cause they want points, everyone does, even now. The best cure for that is to ignore it, people will release their efforts to get credit get them nowhere and will eventually stop.

How about a button that would let all the ap you get go to actual ap, spending ap, or half and half. (the points are split in half to each side.)

Thats not a half bad suggestion but it would need a few tweaks to prevent spam, and I'd prefer to type a specific amount of AP to convert.
dark_emperer
dark_emperer
14 posts
Nomad

No, I completely disagree.

If you consider the fact that everyone here has a life outside of their computer, then that in it's self would be way too much work and effort. Technically you would actually have to scan through posts to find the longer ones, read them and compare to the other posts of the thread, and determine whether he should get "AC" or not. And after that process the member wouldn't have gotten much AC anyway.

If you ARE going to make a system, it would be best to do this:
Moderator panel >
Latest Reviews > Advanced filter: 50+ words, 100+ words, 200+ words
Latest Posts > Advanced filter: 100+ words 200+ words, 400+ words
Latest games > Advanced filter: Score: 7+, 8+, 9+, 10.

That way, you can click a section and filter by size/rating and determine for yourself on the latest things.
Again, this require time and effort on everyone. It could be a great system, but would need a lot of upkeep.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Dark Emperor, I think a filter system would be excellent although I want a system that would just give AC to members who put work into their everyday posts. Most people should get AC, the people who shouldn't are spammers, but manual discussions are the only way to determine whether a post is spam or not. Reviews and the like would get more AC. Consider a white flag or something that a mod can click to cut spam post from the rest.

Latest games > Advanced filter: Score: 7+, 8+, 9+, 10.

What is this about, you can't honestly give someone points because they rated a game a high number we don't even know what people have rated games, and it takes no effort whatsoever.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I cont like this idea.Moderators already have tons of problems in shoulders.I think AG is the best like this and will be forever.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I still think the idea is useless.But still very well.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Please post all further comments on this thread. It is pretty much discussing the same thing.

Showing 1-8 of 8