Art Skills Contest

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 4:55pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 5:03pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

These new rules are now in effect, so please make sure to review them as they have been modified from the previous battle.

The first weeks battle theme will be chosen and judged by Estel. So please stay tuned for his post on the new theme, and when the first deadline will be!

Good luck! =)

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:10pm

Estel

Estel

1,991 posts

Knight

Okay, the theme is still night!

Post your submissions here!

Due Date - Remains to be Wednesday, September 17.

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:13pm

Cholokid

Cholokid

1,507 posts

w00t finally unlocked!

I drew this by hand, with a pencil, on paper, plus colors weren't scanning right.

Its from lord of the rings :D
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/lotrnight2-1.jpg

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:29pm

Estel

Estel

1,991 posts

Knight

NICE! I love how the horse is so small :P

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:33pm

Cholokid

Cholokid

1,507 posts

lmao. Yes its the new style. Mini-Horses. The enemy underestimates the power of their mini-ness. xD

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:40pm

jpx111

jpx111

261 posts

that's a great picture...but in my eyes, everything looks too pointy :P

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:50pm

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

376 posts

Heres mine:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr321/Apocalypse_ArmorGames/night.jpg

Thats supposed to be orion in the middle.

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 8:52pm

Apocalypse

Apocalypse

376 posts

Hey cholokid, whats it supposed to be about anyway? Lord of the Rings?

Posted Sep 11, '08 at 9:28pm

plokkey

plokkey

4,469 posts

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o378/mopkey/Fun%20Pics/Skillzpic1.jpg

Took me a few minutes, I was bored.