ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4274279
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Sorry about all the broken links...my bbcode sucks.....

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No, you are just doing it wrong.

Hect's warhorse:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/256/f/b/War_Horse_by_Hectichermit.png

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Thanks Cenere, which code did you use?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Thanks Cenere, which code did you use?

The one for the image:
Press the download button, and use the url that shows up in the urlbar.
Also, if you only want to show a small image/preview, while linking to the fullview, you can right click on the image (the regular one, not the download one), and depending on whether you use firefow or Internet explore, you can choose to copy image link or view properties and copy the link that shows up there.

And I should really get my tablet installed once more.
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

yea its nice to have a tablet once you get use to drawing with it a mouse is like using a brick to draw stuff. It took me a like 6 hours to draw this mostly for the chainmail , all hand drawn no textures. After I got my base done I ran it threw some filters in GIMP which made it look a lot better. I use Mypaint, which is a opensource painting program its still in development so it does get a few bugs but its great cause it can handle drawing on larger images without getting so laggy like in GIMP and the brush customization is great.

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

oh well, 2nd place for now :P. Good job

Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

I'd lose by default whether I entered or not. I have no art skills!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

So who is taking Zoph's place? Did we ever find that out?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well parrot if you paint some hair and add a little shading...and mess around with filters in GIMP you can make yours better, thats pretty much my Method of Art. Lol try things until you are happy with it...keep a few extra copies so you have something to fall back on if you mess it up B). Im not that good just know the basics....iI need more practice only have 2 pieces of art that Im happy with on my deviant page both are from this contest

GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

whoa thats awesome hectichermit, i havent you seen you on this forum before

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So who is taking Zoph's place? Did we ever find that out?

Does anyone have to take her place, considering there is still one judge? The only reason for two judges was that there was a tie, so one judge is fair enough.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Flahflahflah... OpenCanvas
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/ho-2.jpg

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well The last time I was on was on page 160-180 i think somewhere in there it was about zombies.....

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

lol, now I'm on 3rd place XD. That is awesome cen!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

This is going to be one of my worst entries.... Because I can't draw horses. D:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/Zega96/NoHorse.jpg

Showing 5896-5910 of 6854