ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4275891
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And I as I don't want to redraw my ideas again, I went back to the original idea.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/wa.jpg

Seventh Wave.

Also done in OpenCanvas.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Wow!... .That's really cool! I love the horse, the water, the little beach and the clouds.... Awesome.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

@Cenere reminds me a little of the Guinness "Surfer" adverts. *Thinks about Entry* *looks at lowrys work* I dunno if I will enter this week.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right so I just for some reason realized that entries are being allowed now for this theme. I did this on the day that the theme was put up, and I didn't want to bother with realism at the time, so I decided to go for the opposite. A weird 3-D'ish image that concentrates more on dialogue.

uhh...yeah...
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Horseisacar.png

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I got a few questions about the 2 rounds at once.

1. Can you win both?
2. If you win the cute one, can you participate in the one after the Equines?
3. Actually I only had 2 questions.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

It would be a more fair competition if we had three judges who gave each artwork one rating. That way, it wouldn't be completely based on one person's opinion, and it would give judging more thought.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Sasqaush!!! i dunno if thats right spelling? In all fairness how long has there been one judge....we can do a vote of popularity to give some weight to a piece and force...in a nice way the judge to think about a piece more....lol

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

good idea ernie. Ill be judge number 3.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Hmm, as long as the judges have a good sense of art. I actually would rather not have Zophia and Cenere as judges because I would rather have them participate in the ASC.

Also, look at King Ryan's judging contest, there are some people who show good potential to be judges.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

Also, look at King Ryan's judging contest, there are some people who show good potential to be judges.

link please? i have no art creation potential so i would like to be a judge.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Do you really need a link for something that is on the first page of this forum? Just scroll down lazy :P

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

oh I didnt even see that lol. but Ive entered that contest.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

hmm I think there are merits given to the contest winner so of course you need to have the ability to do that...am i right Zophia?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

hmm I think there are merits given to the contest winner so of course you need to have the ability to do that...am i right Zophia?

no they dont need to physically award them to users. they just need to judge the entries and the minner will get one from a mod. but the judges dont have to be mods.
GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

wowo that wave one is awesome cenere

Showing 5911-5925 of 6854