ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4273631
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hey, don't I get a judging, Bronze?
And her grandmother has everything > <!!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Hey, don't I get a judging, Bronze?

I ain't gonna waste my time(!) with your piece of crap art...

No, I just don't review the champions work. Why don't you do some mock jufging Cen, or anybody else?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

No, I just don't review the champions work. Why don't you do some mock jufging Cen, or anybody else?

Imma charging ma judging.
And naw... Well, I tried :<
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

How about you just review mine since I didn't do it myself?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But Imma charging ma judging D8

But I can give some comments.
The ... butt seems to be less muscular than it should be, at least considered how broad a chest the horse has. Less.. round, I guess. The flag is not really waving in the wind as it should, it looks a bit more like someone folding a piece of paper. Too 2d, sad to say. And sad about the scan too. The face of the guy is smudge up, which is (guess what) sad too, considering the overall quality of the drawing.
This is not as stiff as some of your drawings tend to be, which is rather good.
You actually have a good way of colouring too. It makes the horse look furry.
Not quite sure about the position of the head, it ruins the feeling of speed a bit, when it is held back like that.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Thanks, I'm not really a horse pro.

I just googled images of horses and used one trotting down the beach. I had the butt a good bit bigger the first time I drew the horse, but it just didn't seem right. I had no references for anything else.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well The best judge is the artist him/her self if you don't try to improve then you will end up looking back at something dull. btw hehe Cenere you remember this one. well anyways just wanted to share what cenere drew where you champ back then i dont think they had implemented that system so long ago...i suck at drawing btw I always think this and when I do try I still fall short of what I imagine as good art another reason my motto is CRAZED4MORE.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Zega's: >:O you couldn't even try to make a horse? Well, is that a fence? Why are the sun beams black, it really has an effect on making the picture look dim even though the sun is right there. The fence(?) could be casting shadows, and I know you can make shadows.

Dude, give me a break.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

@Zega

Can't remember if I was serious, but the point is that I know you can do a lot better because I've seen it. If I knew you just suked it would be different.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I can't draw horses. I don't even like horses.... With the obvious exception of Ponyta.
And I was really busy when I made it too. I just can't draw horses!!! Okay?

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

lol maybe we should do lizards next for zegas sake...anyways thats like my first horse that I have drawn.....

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

lol maybe we should do lizards next for zegas sake...

What makes you say specifically lizards?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I can't draw horses. I don't even like horses.... With the obvious exception of Ponyta.
And I was really busy when I made it too. I just can't draw horses!!! Okay?

Maybe you should take a break too, Zega. You seem to either be pissed or mean these days. And Bronze was not meaning anything bad with it, he was just saying that you have shown more talent than that, really, and just because you cannot draw horses or donkeys or mules or anything like it, it still could have been better.
Besides, if you have a problem with the theme, lack time or just doesn't care, you either should not enter, or not care about what people say about your drawing.

btw hehe Cenere you remember this one. well anyways just wanted to share what cenere drew where you champ back then (and so on)

I do remember that. It is ugly. Did I even enter with that, because I think I might have used another?
It would have been more impressive with one of the earliest from here, the Night-theme, for example.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

WHATS MY BABY BEEN UP TO?! Anyone want me to post in the next comp? :3

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Maybe you should take a break too, Zega. You seem to either be pissed or mean these days.

Stressed, so much homework. Mad at school. DOES NOT COMPUTE! Ahhh!.... <_<

WHATS MY BABY BEEN UP TO?! Anyone want me to post in the next comp? :3
No.
Showing 5956-5970 of 6854