ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4252731
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

BLAST! I didn't know you could out-cute me zophia....I wonder who's gonna win 0-0.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Motivational posters rule. I should make more...

I wonder who's gonna win 0-0.

I do too.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LAWL, how did you do that?
BTW, for e1 that h8tes my low quality pictures. . .

I'M GETTING A SCANNER WHOO!

~YAY FOR HYPOCRISY~

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wow, awesome entries guys. I hope people won't mind that my weekly pic won't necessarily be solely based on technical merit...

Zoph, you win @ teh internetz for doing a motivational with original art. I know you like constructive crit and a coupla things came to mind despite the fact I know you were in a hurry: I am blown away by your command of clothing textures and drapery. Do you think it should be complemented by the inclusion of some lighting, either spot light or something to increase contrast/shine? That way it would look more cinematic (in keeping with the lulz factor of an internet motivational).

Deadline is looming! I will do a crappy comic page lulz tonight.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

oh crud, my scanner's playing up... uh. (I wonder if crud will get asterisked out...)
I'll see if I can get my thing done...

@Everyone. One word. Wow. unless you read that as WoW in which case it's 3

Also Zophia, one of the huggers looks like a monkey ^_^

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Strop:
I'm not sure I understand how you mean? Adding different lightsources to the clothing, or?
Also, the obvious thank you. I really think that clothing turned out better than any I've done in a long time, so I really appreciate that you find it well done.

I hope people won't mind that my weekly pic won't necessarily be solely based on technical merit...

I'm never gonna win again, am I? X)

@Pazx:
Lulz, she's a lion. Or technically a manticore. Recently cut the wings out of her design, but she still has the scorpion tail. The other is a nenchiss, I can dig up some info about those if someone wants it...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm not sure I understand how you mean? Adding different lightsources to the clothing, or?

In movies I've seen, I find that there's sometimes a spotlight *behind* the actos in such a pose especially in the snow, which gives them a bit of a glow as well as casting shadows of contrast.

Actually the other thing I forgot was a possibly parodic tear...though I can't really suggest that now I've seen your piece in the other thread, which blew me away with its emotional honesty.

And don't you worry, I'm sure you'll win again, and when you do win, it'll be for a good reason. Judging may be a little spurious while I calibrate myself 8D
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hmm~ I can actually imagine that would work. Maybe I'll try it, though I rarely do more to a pic once I've declared it "done".

Hee~ Emotional outlets~~~ This poster thing too, really. Expressing some pain while getting a somewhat decent entry done.

Scary. ^^ I need to adopt a better humor, I think~

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*keels over*
Dang! Everyone here has great submissions! Is it me or does it seem like there aren't that many people to start with though?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Motivational posters rule. I should make more...

[quote]I wonder who's gonna win 0-0.

I do too.
P.S. that is sarcasm, cause I know I am going to win. WRECKED YOU ALL.
[/quote]

Fixed Zophia, you're welcome.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LAWL, did you enter yet klaus? Oh wait, it was the kool kat pants right?

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

Wheee!!!
http://www.thebanditsociety.com/misc/fashion.gif

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LAWL, that's like, the most perfect thing I've ever seen. It totally says what fashion to most kids means. LAWL.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Fixed Zophia, you're welcome.

Actually I really don't think I'm gonna win... With Strop judging on other areas than technical quality... I'm just not funny enough.

@LolLon:
Nice. ^^ I like those strange creatures you draw, are they just random constructs of your imagination or something more?
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

There is definitely some inspiration from some graphic artists out there in those images, I'm a huge fan of PokedStudio vector art. So there is that, this stuff in here is actually something new I've been trying out, I guess I'm trying to find a style for myself, although I do like to play with my imagination quite a bit

Showing 361-375 of 6854