ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4272925
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Obviously no one remembers all my crazy vector art... I just decided to try something new! xD

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

although I do like to play with my imagination quite a bit
Who doesn't!

@Klaushouse (I accidentally wrote 'Klaushose', but spotted it in time :3):
And you decided to do it in Paint... X3
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alright guys, accounting for the fact that I live ahead of most of you, I'm going to have to extend the deadline slightly, because I'm not going to be around on Friday (Thursday for you), reason being I'm driving across the state (again) and have this social function thingy to attend. Most likely I'll be doing the judging on Saturday i.e. Friday for you guys.

Also I'll post my joke then, just for lulz

...god help me, for I don't know how I'm going to judge this round.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yeah... I have a chance of finding out how bad mine was... Yeah....
And what lovely theme I am not going to draw... Yeah....

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

...god help me, for I don't know how I'm going to judge this round.

Sometime soon, we might reach such a common level of awesome that more than one winner is appropriate... It really could happen. As both you and Carlie has stated, the judging is getting harder and harder.
Btw, Strop. Did you not notice my request for a link to a smaller version of your box image? It needs to go on the winner's thread! *too lazy to find it myself*

@Cenere:
*offers bucket full of positive energy* I think you need this. Negative attitude is negative.

@fst6:
That could be cool... But somehow I think it's a bit too obvious to make a good theme. However, I'll definitely try to get some Halloween spirit into my entry when it becomes that time of the month.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Please do not let it be Halloween. Let it be anything else. Like... Draw your name/what your name mean/where you got your name from or something... A stupide theme, please??

Negative attitude is negative

Negative attitude is stupid, and should not be here, nor should I.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

nor should I.

I hope you get rid of your negative attitude at some point... We like having you here, you make the contest more interesting, you make good points all around the forums, and... Well yes, you're a gain to the site.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

if it is halloween theme, then I shall use my insanity to my advantage!!! *listens to creepy remix of song of storms*

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Negative attitude is negative.

Why are you so full of horrible and evil knowledge that no normal human should know about. Longcats, along with all memes should be banned for the sake of the children. But on a side note of longcats, moving to LOLcats... I had a math test, and I am dropping the course so the test didn't matter... it was about box whisker plots. So I drew a really cute cat beside a sick box. And I wrote "Can I haz Box Wiskur Plz? IT WAS FULL OF EPIC WIN! And my math teacher is into the internet, understood the joke and I think she wants to get it on. Which is weird cause she is a teacher and it's.. well she is chubby... do not want. She asked to see me after school and I didn't go.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Klaushouse:
Lol. Slightly random today, are we? (No, I don't know what to say, I'm just winging it~)

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

@klaushouse: . . . .SHE'S COMING ON TO YOU?! That's creepy.. . .I mean, REALLY, creepy, well, unless she was hot I guess.

Crazynaitor2
Crazynaitor2
5 posts
Nomad

I like yours Zophia and yours is good too LonLonRanch!

rafael_marc22
rafael_marc22
204 posts
Nomad

Art you mean drawing???

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Drawing, yes.
If you like writng or making music better, then go for the two other contests.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So, Just a question that does not have to be answered but the judge running it around Halloween time, will we be doing a halloween one?

Of course! But we have a round before that, so I better get my thinking cap on...

Btw, Strop. Did you not notice my request for a link to a smaller version of your box image?

I remember Zoph, just gotta...remember it at the right time 8D

Okay, before I respond to stuff on page 44, here's my joke:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/fashion.png

Strangely, they never argued about their suspiciously similar colors

lol.
Showing 376-390 of 6854