ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731760
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

In my early days at AG, Devoidless and I engaged each other in light friendly rivalry of sorts. In fact one of the chapters of SoS will detail how Strop was defeated by Devoidless in a lightsaber battle as part of an exhibition match held in the Armor Courts (which represent the profiles and the network of forum debates that Moe, Devoidless and I set up back in May 2008).

Yeah, 'voidy and I got into an argument about lightsabers for the sake of arguing.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, here's the script for MWT: Strop-vs-Sasquatch & Co. I have taken the liberty of implying that Sasquatch & Co. have a history in AG already, in particular making references to Sasquatch's past appearances in the forums. If this is improper I can rewrite, it's not too much trouble, but there's more lulz this way.

So I'll go to it!

-Oh Sun..- The boy looks up at the sky where clouds fills the blue sky until there is nothing left. The sound of explosions are heard, and the great city crumples into ruins. -And so it ended..-

As all the contestants left once again stand before the Tower, the speakers hum a little. Good, children, you have lived through the tests and the hate of your opponent. But there is still a long way up to the top. I will be waiting for the strongest of you.. The screen flicker a little, then the new pairs a written there.

The hum increases once again, then ends.

Strop: Hate of my opponent? How presumptuous.

Strop is fiddling with his quiver straps and thinking about something (like why the town was just razed to the ground) when he is interrupted by a thunderous "WTF!?" It's Sasquatch in all his fresco glory, with Yeti curiously peeking out from behind one of his legs. Strop just turns and blinks at Sasquatch.

Sasquatch: WTF IT'S STROP!?

Yeti: Yeah, who'd have thought we'd run into a moderator here!

Strop: Oh, I know you guys. Are you my next opponent?

Sasquatch: (bursting into a fit) I'M GONNA KILL YOU FOR LAUGHING AT ME IN THE ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR!

Strop: What?

Yeti: (Clinging to Sasquatch) Calm down you big dummy! (To Strop) Sorry about big brother, he hasâ¦an anger management problem.

Strop: Oh, don't worry...that's precisely what makes him so funn- err, I mean, uh. Oh dear.

Sasquatch: RRRRAAARRRRRRRRR!!! PREPARE TO DIE!

Sasquatch charges at Strop with alarming speed, and brings out a...yellow banhammer!? Strop does a doubletake.

Strop: No way.

Sasquatch smashes Strop over the head with the hammer. Alas, the hammer shatters, seeing as it was fake and all. Sasquatch looks...well, "WTF!?"

Strop: If you want to kill me, we have to start the proper way.

Sasquatch: What's that?

Strop: (Brandishing a pair of oversized clippers) WITH A $2000 HAIRCUT!!! xD

Yeti: (Facepalm) Oh no he din't!

Sasquatch is momentarily blinded by rage. He thrashes about making craters in the ground with his fist, but Strop dodges around and behind him. I don't really need to detail what Sasquatch is yelling at this point because I'm sure you get the idea.

Strop: I'm over here you big lunk!

Strop should probably have kept his mouth shut because it promptly receives a giant fist with the force of a speeding comet. Strop plows through several ruined buildings before coming to a rest in a pile of rubble. Yeti is standing over him.

Yeti: You're in for it now. Big brother is very sensitive about his hair.

With that, Yeti summons a lightning bolt and scorches the spot Strop was occupying just a moment before. Strop runs away (because he really hates being electrocuted) and almost walks straight into Sasquatch's flaming fist again. Strop then spends the next few seconds dodging Sasquatch's fists (because he also really hates being burnt). In the end, between Yeti's elemental abilities and Sasquatch's firepower, he has his hands so full that he gets set on fire by Sasquatch, then put out by Yeti only to be subsequently zapped by a lightning bolt. However this is not perfect and Yeti nearly hits Sasquatch.

Sasquatch: WTF WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!

Strop positions himself such that Sasquatch is between Yeti and him and therefore Yeti cannot directly attack him, and throws a boulder at Sasquatch. Sasquatch blows it apart with one hit, and Strop uses the opening to land a solid kick on him. Sasquatch is only angered further.

Sasquatch: RAAARRRRR WTF!?

Strop: That's not good.

Sasquatch grabs Strop and throws him into the air. Strop summons his bow and fires a grappling hook into the tower, and swings around it. Eventually he swings all the way around and runs smack into a very large, grassy wall which wasn't there before. Strop looks up and finds a very large earth elemental creature. Overgrowth.

Yeti: You idiot, you'll kill us all!

Sasquatch: HAHAHAHAHA NOW CRUSH HIM TO DUST OVERGROWTH!

Overgrowth then proceeds to try to grab Strop, missing and leaving massive craters in the ground, setting off earthquakes as he does so. The ground starts breaking apart and showing big cracks.

Yeti: Quickly, use landslide or we'll all die!

Overgrowth sucks up the rubble and grinds it into dust, blowing walls of sand at Strop. Yeti uses her water powers to turn it into walls of mud that threaten to entomb Strop. Strop grabs the rope from the grappling hook and swings back around the tower, hiding in the lee of the current of the mudslide, then up and flies at overgrowth.

Strop: (to himself) Overgrowth is a summons so this is still kosher!

Strop summons his bow and fires incendiary arrows at Overgrowth, but overgrowth is too big to even feel it let alone burn up, and merely grabs him. Strop grabs an emergency kunai but alas, he used all his explosive tags escaping from Orlestat!

Sasquatch: (Charging up his flaming fists) Leave him to me!

Strop fires several arrows at Sasquatch's feet, which forces him to dodge backwards and he gets hit in the face with a paintball arrow.

Sasquatch: (Pawing at his face) WTF MY EYES!

Momentarily distracted, Sasquatch loses control of Overgrowth, who releases Strop. Strop uses a luminescent arrow and fires an incendiary arrow at it, causing it to explode with a great flash. Yeti is temporarily blinded.

Yeti: Where did he go!?

Strop appears behind Yeti suddenly, wielding his banhammer.

Strop: Sorry. You'll be fine by tomorrow.

Strop conks Yeti on the head and she drops unconscious. Sasquatch has recovered his vision just enough to witness this. He is rather upset.

Sasquatch: WTF I'LL TAKE REVENGE!

Strop starts running and takes a flying leap.

Sasquatch: EAT THIS. MEGA FLAMING BELL-PEPPER ATTACK!

Sasquatch hurls a giant flaming bell pepper at Strop. Suddenly Strop appears to dodge- in reality he has grabbed the rope from the grappling hook and hoisted himself out of the way. The bell pepper flies directly into Overgrowth's chest and Overgrowth bursts into flames, flailing as he falls.

Sasquatch: WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

As Overgrowth shrivels up and scatters as ashes, Strop lands and Sasquatch walks towards Strop, an overpowering tower of rage. He takes out a remote control device with a single, fateful button on it. It's the "EAZY BUTTON" remote.

Sasquatch: Sis made me promise not to use this. BUT SHE WON'T KNOW NOW, RAHHHHAHAHA!

Sasquatch jams the button with his finger. Nothing happens for a moment. He then looks down and sees a small capsule that makes an ominous ticking noise. Strop points at the remote.

Strop: Oh yeah, I fixed it.

Sasquatch looks down at the remote. The letters SL are scrawled in front of the EAZY to make it the SLEAZY button. Then the timebomb explodes, covering Sasquatch with a familiar purple smoke. When the smoke clears, Sasquatch is wearing leather bondage gear with metal studs and spikes. If his WTF expression was big before, now it is utterly ridiculous. Strop then peels off his ninja suit to reveal the much rumoured satin negligee (yes, that negligee), and slinks towards Sasquatch.

Sasquatch: THIS IS, LIKE, TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE OMGWTF!?

As Strop approaches Sasquatch, Sasquatch finds himself paralysed, then he starts flailing and twitching. Then his eyes roll back and he foams at the mouth, and he falls backwards in a dead faint. Strop eyes him a moment, then breathes a sigh of relief.

Strop: I'm glad that worked. It could have gotten really awkward.

Strop then starts walking off, eventually disappearing through the smoke from the remains of Overgrowth and picking up his ninja suit along the way, muttering.

Strop: Geez, how many overpowered characters do I have to go through to serve a little justice around here?

---

Yeah. The pink negligee had to come out eventually.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

In my early days at AG, Devoidless and I engaged each other in light friendly rivalry of sorts. In fact one of the chapters of SoS will detail how Strop was defeated by Devoidless in a lightsaber battle as part of an exhibition match held in the Armor Courts (which represent the profiles and the network of forum debates that Moe, Devoidless and I set up back in May 2008).

I saw photographs of that mat... I mean... I think I might have read that discussion.

Will read for... sleep. Sleep first.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alright!

For those of you who want to know, I've updated a character sheet of Strop. Now there's an official version!

Strop

Strop's banhammer. Be warned though, this page is BIG.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Having looked at the concept sketches I have here of the various moderator banhammers, I realise that none of them are actually hammers. There's a staff, an axe, a guitar-axe, a very large fish...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, 'voidy and I got into an argument about lightsabers for the sake of arguing.
I remember that one. Fun times. ^^

LOL @ the script, good job~

And nice refs^^
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

now i get it. looks like this is going to be good and worth the wait!

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Hahaha, great job! I was laughing so much.

Finally that pink dress! Haha, good old days.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Whee, I decided to start jotting down a few pages of the 5th round of the MWT.

Fortunately I didn't do that many, because the script may be reworked. But here's a little bit!

Page 1:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/mwtS5-01d.jpg

Cue Sasquatch's trademark entrance.

Page 2:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/mwtS5-02d.jpg

I apologise for this extremely poor, 'unfrescoed' rendition of Sasquatch and Yeti. But cut me some slack- it's a sketch!

Page 3:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/mwtS5-03d.jpg

I originally envisaged that Sasquatch would always talk IN BOLD CAPS but I'm told this may not be appropriate. However I would like to keep the source of the grudge that Sasquatch holds because this is consistent with the AG world, which makes for more in-jokes.

Page 4:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/mwtS5-04d.jpg

Is Strop a ditz or did he do that intentionally...? I know I used to do that on a friend of mine...

If my suspicions are correct, the rewritten script will feature a Sasquatch that initially loses it but calms down into a focused ball of...anger. Then again it might not.

That's it for now. Artistic liberty has and will be taken but I do like to get things right, so this is paused for the time being.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, we have already concluded that Strop is a ditz on a regular basis, he might just be overwhelmed by it.

Sleepish lol-ing from here. I think it could be marvelous if you and Crimson worked together... Oh F how am I going to ever choose...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

First frame, page three. You have no idea how much I laughed at that! XD

Okay, technically not that much, but still enough to make me twitch with laughter. Hilarious. ^^

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Add after this line:

Despite himself, Sasquatch picks the hammer up by the handle and starts swinging it at Strop again, this time much more effectively.

Sasquatch: Gee, thanks!

Strop: I shouldn't have said that.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Strop: (Brandishing a pair of oversized clippers) WITH A $9000 HAIRCUT!!! xD

wow you made a reference to the beginning of Sasquatch,when I had him in the Hair theme.I guess you did judge so its not too unbelievable that you remember that.Of course I still remember it myself,but that was probably the best part as of right now from the dialogue.I think it was improved well enough for my tastes.Now of course it still has Sasquatch being overly aggressive,but this can be marked off as extreme anger,so its no big deal I suppose.So overall I like the new version of it and hope to see who wins.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

wow you made a reference to the beginning of Sasquatch

I thought it was a nice touch myself, seeing as I still don't have much of an idea of Sasquatch's IC backstory. I remember he got pretty angry about it though, hahahaha.

Once the whole MWT is over, regardless of who wins, there are plans for making this an actual comic- so would you like to work on this scene with me to get the plot/dialogue/tone up to scratch?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, page unrelated to anything else.

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/th_stroppants.jpg

OMG STROP NOT WEARING NINJA MASK!?

That's right, when I'm not doing my work or stuff I owe people, I'll do a series of pages on what Strop wears when not being ninja. Part of the Story of Strop workup.

Showing 391-405 of 1567