ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 732889
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

and another in-joke because I'm usually the one who gets his glasses stolen when people want to try them on -_-;

I know the feeling.. On the other hand I have a habit taking off the glasses or have them sitting on my head and all that, because my eyes get tired:P

*Gets worried* I have like 20:17 vision, but also astigmatism and chronic migraines from eyestrain, so I'm going to have to get glasses! I hope no one steals them and wears them D:
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

*Gets worried* I have like 20:17 vision, but also astigmatism and chronic migraines from eyestrain, so I'm going to have to get glasses! I hope no one steals them and wears them D:

its funny I actually have 20:20 vision according to my eye doctor,but I am still near sighted so I am stuck with my thick pieces of plastic attached to metal,nylon,and more plastic.I used to have people take mine to try them on,but they always get headaches whenever they try them on now,so it kind of stopped over the last couple of years.Interesting story so far though.
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

YAY!!!

*looks at alt gravely*

You are in trouble now...
sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Wow... I just read the other 47 pages...

You do this by hand, right?

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss176/element_sense/Dave.jpg

Dave has come to haunt you all!!!

Strop, this is a rough outline if you wanna use this....

When I was reading, I saw fan art, and there is no more.... But now there is!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yes, I try to rely as little on fancy add-ons, filters and effects as possible.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Cool...

Any tips for a budding artist?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Budding? Draw lots with anything you can get your hands on.

Tips for budding rap artists? Well! I do keep up with the entries from that rap thread whenever it gets revived, so I'm going to issue this challenge:

What? You're all over the place,
What's the haste, why waste your-
Chance to enhance the flow, make it last,
Before the moment's past, meanwhile your opponent's,
Blasted style over your prose components, exposed,
Now you're hosed, rap as a narrative is an art,
People never take that part to heart,
Is it so hard, cramming words and rhymes,
Slamming awkward phrases in awkward places all out of time,
Amateurs, I should call you stammer-teurs, or even ham-ateurs,
Coz I see sham more than wham-bam for sure,
I hope we're clear, I hope you hear me, because this rap game is real dear to me,
Don't want some sap in a flap at the mike to shower us in verbal crap, sike!
Take a hike kid, put a lid on it, hop on your bike and get rid of it,
And when you come back pick up the slack and give me some real s***-

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Yo Strop think yo lyrics as cool as sh*t
well I tell ya bro your rhymes ain't legit
thisisnotanalt got da dopefly whack stuff
you can't think o'anythin' but lame-@$$ fluff
so when you got some real stuff to strut
and yo got dat whack rhythm all up in your gut
den give da king a call with yo words a flyin'
And maybe next time I won't send you home cryin'
WORD!!!!
------

*looks at alt gravely*

*feels like I'm on a soap opera*
---------
This is all great. So anyways Strop, are you going to post a new drawing soon? *silently opes someone with better drawing skill than me draws my AG persona*
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

alt....your rap fails....sorry but so far the only rap on this site I have heard that I like is Strops because I agree with it,and also who uses words like dope or fly or dopefly for that matter.Anyways is this really a rap arena?....anyways I shall wait for something new to be posted on this thread....

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

alt....your rap fails....sorry but so far the only rap on this site I have heard that I like is Strops because I agree with it,and also who uses words like dope or fly or dopefly for that matter.Anyways is this really a rap arena?....anyways I shall wait for something new to be posted on this thread....

I was trying to act all "ghetto" and &quotimpin" and "gangsta" and all that. Oh well. :`(
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Treat us like you can't beat-us
Don't even try to lead-us
Stop tryin to stop-us
Because you can't kill-us
Be-us See-us
Beatin the heck out of you
Takin the beat out of you
So that you can't see your shoes
Hear the Boo's for you
Don't you see there's no life for you?

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

I suck at rapping but I can beatbox well.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I was trying to act all "ghetto" and &quotimpin" and "gangsta" and all that. Oh well. :`(

well heres a tip...don't!!!!!I have enough annoying kids at my school who think they can rap,and to tell you the truth rap has been twisted since its origins into something controlled by the media for profit,and more then half of it is trash now that has no real purpose except to show off or talk about all the crimes you have done or something.So please don't try to act like something your not.This is seriously something I would expect from an American though to tell you the truth,not someone from...OK lets see...Nauru?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

OK, this isn't a rap thread!!!
------
@Crimson: I was simply trying to fit into the rap archetype, that's all. I'm quite outgoing and civilized in real life. (I think.) I don't want to act that way all the time; quite frankly, I hate that mentality as much as you. It was intended as a parody, nothing more. Don't worry. I (shhhh!!!! big important top-secret stuff here!!) am American, but that is just a ploy location. I hate rap music; I enjoy bands like Yes and Cream and Pink Floyd.

Showing 451-465 of 1567