ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 732118
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I am a big fan of these suggestions!

1) I'll figure out a way for the sash not to completely conceal the tatt.
2) Denim jacket, totally.
3) Shorter, bulkier gloves.
4) I may have to think about the shape of the shades.
5) What should I do about the chaps? And the air tracks... how do I make them look more... cohesive?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

4) Yes, I didn't quite manage with that, I just imagined her looking over the top of the shades.
5) The chaps and the air tracks works, at least in my opinion. The air tracks could get more "boot"-y with some stitches and a more tough toe, but otherwise I do think looks great. Perhaps search up a western style boot to locate the patterning better (I believe it's on the side normally), and for colouring, either keep the entire AT in leather, or at least the shin part of it.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The results of the second round of edits:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/crimsongear2b.png

Note that I also increased the width of the belt. Extraneous straps on the gloves are such a manga thing. While Crimson's emblem is a heartagram, her secondary feature is the rose: this'll feature in the design on the ATs, as well as on the rotating joints and the clasps that hold both the sash and the chaps to the belt (I still can't get comfortable with an actual leather boot AT... leather boots don't flex at the ankle at all!!!! I'll think about it.)

Once we reach an agreement I'll line and colour it. I think I might even bump up the resolution so I can get some REAL detail work on it haha.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

She is going to kick our butts with her eyes closed...
It looks good. I do agree about boot-based AT, especially in leather, would never be a good idea. If it wasn't clear from my comment above, it was mainly to try and imitate the design, while the jointed parts seems a lot better, especially considering the design of an anthro horse ancle and foot. You might want to remove the soal.. sole? of the boot ont the ATs, it looks clumpsy, and the previous design of the footing part of the ATs was probably the best for her, as it looks far more graceful.
Other than that, yes, she is going to kick our butts. Or do a wheel spin in our faces or something similar.
Good job, she would be manga worthy.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Or do a wheel spin in our faces or something similar.

I'll run my road into your face!!! (Sounds a bit like Agito, that bishie creeper).

Yes, I quite like the way this has turned out, I'll do a bigger version and pretty it up and all. I doubt a tartan sash would work, but we'll see.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Guys, I have a confession to make.

I freaking hate doing clean lineart.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/crimsongear2c.png

Note that the hair and stuff is uncleaned lines from a prior layer. Oh god this had better looking awesome coloured or I am going to rage!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/crimson.jpg
She has to have proper hair, doesn't she.
Or at least not sketchy lines.
(And yes, I did reline that entire picture just for that and some details.)

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

We're finally starting to get a little somewhere.

There's still a very long way to go, though.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/crimsongear2d.png

What colour should the gloves, chaps, and boots be?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Doubtless some of you are getting sick of daily updates on this... but hey, fleshing out a concept takes time!

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/crimsongear2e.png

Wonder what colour the wheels should be. After this, it's time to render and detail! Piercings, glasses, hair, leathers, jacket, corset, sash, chaps and gloves, boots... each with their unique material characteristics. And then what to do with the background...

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

but its kinda weird with a pig head

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

And then what to do with the background...

It is a character sketch. You don't need a background, but a field would be nice. Seeing how she is a horse.
Wonder what colour the wheels should be.

No idea. Just don't make them clash with the rest of the drawing and you will be fine.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

For some reason, she looks sunburned.
Anyhow, it looks great as always! Also, ehm, does she have a tattoo? Or am I mistaken?

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the final product.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

but its kinda weird with a pig head

I am heartbroken

</3

how does that look like a pig's head!? And on that kind of body!?

It is a character sketch

Not anymore, it ceased to be a sketch the moment I started the cleaned lineart!

Also, ehm, does she have a tattoo?

Yeah, it's not properly drawn in yet but she has a tatt of a flaming 'heartagram' on the left side of the groin, as per the wishes of the character's player!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

For the tattoo, draw it in a different file and then copypaste it over on top. It works better than having to draw it out in the drawing itself, and it is easier to adjust and correct.
Also, might as well mention the wheels here as well:
Either got for a flame pattern or at least flame colours, or make them a brighter purple than her corset. Something like this, this or this, depending on what looks best (I haven't checked on file, I probably should...).
A neon type purple/pink might work out as well, if you keep the core a darker, more solid purple, and then let it fade into the neon.

Anyway.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

To Cen and Strop:
u guys are very talented drawers and i congradulate u on that

Showing 1456-1470 of 1567