ForumsSupport ForumLong Overdue Glitch

7 1776
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

This Glitch Has been here since I was a beta tester. Have you noticed that every time someone puts an apostrophe it gets replaced by a weird "A" thing?

Maybe it's my user agent (internet Browser) Safari?

To show what I mean:

Hi it's the greatest day, don't you think so?

• 7 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I know what you mean, I've seen that happen plenty of times. One version of it happened when a person copied from Word onto the comment box. But in general cases, it might be a language setting as well, and the lack of knowledge regarding settings.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, never mind, I misunderstood.
I think it only happens if you post it from something like Microsoft word and post it onto hear, then all the apostrophes, quotation marks etc. turn into symbols. Just paste it again and delete and re-write the punctuation.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Its a language setting, its every time I do this: â it appears. But there are also just people that have that automatically put into the cpu as default, based on language.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I don't think it's a glitch at all. The A thing happens when a symbol can not be used. Either they did this on purpose or it is a glitch.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

We can figure out whether it's a glitch or not by testing if the same thing happens on another forum.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It doesn't happen when the message is copied from another forum post or from a comment or about, I just found it happened when I copied from word.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It doesn't happen when the message is copied from another forum post or from a comment or about, I just found it happened when I copied from word.

It does happen when you copy an apostrophe that was from anywhere else.

We can figure out whether it's a glitch or not by testing if the same thing happens on another forum

This si the only forum it happens on, but its not a glitch. A glitch is whee the system messages up and I don't think the system would mess up every time. It was probably just on purpose but I have no idea why.
Showing 1-7 of 7