ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300857
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/RPOAG2009/th_AttenshunGif.gif

Tehehehehehehe.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And Strop just told me a week ago or so that he dislikes Batman.

Anyway, I ought to do something for this theme, just because I am in it... On the other hand, I am not a contestant, so technically I am too busy.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Why and how does that have to do with my entry?

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Oh right, the modmobile thang.

I almost forgot.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Bring on the noob question!

What can I use for this?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Also, I would love to see Zophia's expression when she finds out you drew her in pink and with a skirt on.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

What can I use for this?

Whatever program you find appropriate? I think I might make something for this round... To the Pivotmobile?
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Also, I would love to see Zophia's expression when she finds out you drew her in pink and with a skirt on.

Well, on droidz,theere were that kind of girl, and a school girl with an even smaller skirt.

I choose to color her in pink because that way, it's more distinguishable.

Bring on the noob question!

Newb question, not noob.

And you can use:

GIMP
Pivot
Easytoon
Flash

And any other animation program.

To the Pivotmobile?

Nanananananananana
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

No, but when your a prince... and you ask something like that... I call it noob.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

No, but when your a prince... and you ask something like that... I call it noob.

But when's not AG related, and even when it is, I call it newb.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Hehe. Ok. But I call myself whatever I want. >.>

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Fair enough.

So, will you enter?

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Oh and I forgot to say that my entry may be modified.
It's not official until I say so.

Thanks.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I will, but it will be a couple of days.

Your American right? Too lazy to check your profile, but any who, I'm in the Adirondacks, on my cousin's mac, and I would feel better if I'm with my good ol' Vista.

I was looking at the first few pages of this thread, through time I was not here, and I did not see anything about what the prize is.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Muhahahaha!:
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/Gametesta/246.jpg

Showing 571-585 of 707