ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300858
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Wait

Out start it could it could be jpeg?

If that ment animation jpeg,

Im sorry.

Lol soz for the post ill see if i can get it deleted,

I might use it for the summer avvy event lol.

Cowmaster100
Cowmaster100
37 posts
Nomad

Sorry kingryan. Can I still be in the competition?
I now will follow the rules.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah, you can still be in the competition. Just make sure that you do.

Thanks

*throws brick at runescape*

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well, the judging is meant to be today or around today...

So I will give everyone two more days so that they can finalise any entries.

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

ok this is my final
OMG SO MANY LINKIES

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok, so I have given this a little bit of extra time...

Judging will be in about 20 hours, so if you want to get an entry in, I suggest you work on it now.

If someone could do the nicest thing and put all the entries into one post it would make me ever so happy :-)

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad
jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Soz cowmasters wont seem to upload so instead photobucket decided to post a pic of me > >

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

Yay finally. why is there a smile next to mine? is it cause i make u smile inside and also make you feel warm and fuzzy? like a llama fuzzy?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I has a good animation for here... But, methinks I'll just do it for the Summer Armatar contest.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Well some of the ones here are good and should be submitted to the Armatar contest.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok, so it has been a while...and I probably should have kept this contest going by judging, but after no one else revived it...I let it die.

However, Zega poked me about it...so I thought I better judge for the people that did enter.

So we have three entries...A first, second and third.

First Place - KevinDude

Linkies

It is good to see a different form of Animation on here...claymation is simply awesome isn't it! It could have been smoother, but it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things...

You win a merit...yes...even after so long...so post on a moderators profile (Zoph or Strop probably) for your merit...provide a link to the contest...

You are still active right?

Second Place - Cowmaster100

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/cowmaster100/Singonthebeach.gif

You know, I don't quite understand this entry...but it is animated well and is reasonably smooth. It would have been funnier if the guy started singing this...

Welcome to the competion...however I get the feeling that you are not active anymore...

Third Place - Zega

Links

I almost don't see how this is related to summer...but it was an entry. Good Job Zega...

~~~~~~

Well, I know it was a really short judging, but I didn't really see the need to elaborate since it has been a long time since the round...

I will propose a new theme now...

Theme: Way of Moderation (so basically anything related to the tournament...or moderators...I will accept the horse figure as Strop...make it do something funny...)
Deadline: Lets give this...three weeks...so you've got till the 30th.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Massive contest necro is massive.

Lol.

Thw wom as a theme.... hm...

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Maybe when Zophia yells through the megaphone.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Way ahead of you Dudeguy.

Showing 556-570 of 707