ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300864
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

And Zoph, you're going to be a pink stick figure.
I can't find more girlish stks.
Why pink? D:
And lack of girlish is fine...

Zophia... I'm gonna have to make you as a pink stick figure.. but with that hat.
Pink.
But hat thingy~
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I see your not the baseball cap kind of person....

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*revives*

Come on everyone!! Animaaaaate!!!

I might have to make one...heh heh hehh....

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Do eeeet.

Because you know you want to.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Because you know you want to.

But I also want to stay in the actual WoM...and angering the GM isn't a good think...

*banishes images of strop in a tutu*
Cowmaster100
Cowmaster100
37 posts
Nomad

I dont know if anybody cares but i am still active and animating, I just haven't entered any competitions on AG lately. But I dont know if anybody cares. Does anybody care about me anymore? *takes breath*

Cowmaster100
Cowmaster100
37 posts
Nomad

BTW what will the next contest be. I want to make a claymation. is one of my claymations if anybody is inetested in looking at it

parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

zophia, would you mind if I made you a praying mantis as in your avatar?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

BTW what will the next contest be
We'll know when this theme is over~

zophia, would you mind if I made you a praying mantis as in your avatar
Hmmno, that'd be okay. Much better than a pink stickfigure in a skirt for sur. :3
kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

lol i dont have any ideas for this one so i guess i wont enter again.i can win the one after this right?

kevindude6
kevindude6
48 posts
Nomad

are we really going to do this again? wait two weeks to judge it after the end?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

The long awaited and much shorty judging.

Due to few entries I am only going to give first place.

Champ's Exhibit - KevinDude

He didn't enter.

First Place - Random

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/RPOAG2009/AttenshunGif.gif

A nice entry, short but sweet. The portrayal of Strop was almost spot on, and I think that Zoph looked nice in pink. Her character looked fairly good too, I assume you made it rather than getting it off of the net?

It doesn't loop smoothly, but that is fine. Good job, talk to Strop or someone for a merit.

Others...

The Errr....Award - Dudeguy

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1995671/animation-contest-theme-the-way-of-moderation-page-58/page/63

Yeah. Interesting. Zoph once again looks very good in pink, although I think she needs a skirt. Strop looks very scared of her.

A short, but sweet, animation.

The 'Zega is not better than Kr, so don't even think about kicking him out of the castle' Award - Zega

Linkies

Interesting Zega. A nicely drawn castle. Since when did I have red hair and where is my crown?

Good job.

The Strip-Strop Award - Cholokid

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/th_avatar475330.gif

An interesting entry, it loops very smoothly which is good. I think Strop could have been more accurate and looked more like a bogan, but I guess that it is artistic license.

A nice entry, could have had more detail, but it is fine.

The End...

Well that's judging for another week.

Next round...

Theme: Flowers
Deadline: 30th again I guess...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Sorry about the link fail.

This is Dudeguys Animation:

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac284/Wepic_in/WOM.gif

Oh, and Dudeguy, we didn't have to wait 2 weeks. Only four days.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I AM MODMOBILE!!!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Oh, and Dudeguy, we didn't have to wait 2 weeks. Only four days.

Failed there...meant to say KevinDude....

*flags Strop's post*
Showing 616-630 of 707