ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 300800
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I can't enter this round, I've got 10 tests, two projects and 5 homework to do.
The teachers decided to punish me *Thinks whether he should have thrown that water balloon or not*

So, I'm sorry.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Umm...the deadline is in two days everyone.

That means that you should enter right now!

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Here is my submission:

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Hm... Ryan could you wait a few more days?
I'm almost finishing my exams. Then I'll have free time.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hm... Ryan could you wait a few more days?
I'm almost finishing my exams. Then I'll have free time.

Huh? Me? Not do judging yet? Hmmmm....OF COURSE!

I will judge Thursday then?
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

You can judge today if you want, I spent the night doing the animation.

Judge when you want.

And with that said I present you:

IceCream Lovers

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/RPOAG2009/IceCreamlovers.gif

Pun intended, if you know what I mean.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok...I will judge tomorrow afternoon since I am heading off to bed now...

So about 20 hours to wait for everyone!

G'night

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Late entry is late.

Funny how we pull a late entry on each other, eh KR? :P

Linkage.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Funny how we pull a late entry on each other, eh KR? :P

Zoph...that's just because we are...judges. And like to put things off. Or do things late!

I will judge now then...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Zoph...that's just because we are...judges. And like to put things off. Or do things late!
QFT.

Wee, judging~
I should do one too... Later.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Crap, I missed an entry chance. . . .
I'll enter the next one then.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well...it is that time again! JUDGAMAGING!

I have to jduge regardless...because that is what I said. Regardless of how many entries or how alive the topic has been. So...lets just see what happens...

Champion's Exhibit - Random

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww348/RPOAG2009/IceCreamlovers.gif

Such a pity that this couldn't be judged...but the rules in the OP say that you can't win two rounds in a row...and we have to follow them.

Nice animation Random, however I didn't quite understand the pauses in between. I know that it is meant to be similar to matrix style...but it needed a little bit more work...maybe a slightly longer pause?

First Place - Zophia

Linkies

Well done Zoph. For seven frames and half an hour that is very well done. I like the little drop and the tongue. I don't quite get how it is holding it though....it sorta looks like it is wearing a sheet. Maybe it is part of the KKK....

Good work anyway. Post a comment on Zop- no wait...that is you...Post on Strop's profile for your chocolate covered super fudge merit.

Second Place - TRUdog

More Linkied

Nice job with this one. That poor poor person who got hit by the falling icecream. Their head must hurt a lot. I think that the main reason that you didn't get first place was because you broke the laws of physics...because in an icecream was chucked into space it wouldn't be likely to get to Earth in one piece.

With all that aside, from an animators point of view it could be slightly cleaner. One thing that I would to improve it would be to fix up the falling icecream...because it seems to fall in random directions.

Third Place -Bloodhawk394

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9051/icecreamj.gif

Good job with this, the idea is there, however it is slightly lost in translation. Maybe work on slowing it down in parts (the fatality word) and speeding it up in parts (when the icecream is falling).

One of the things that I liked was the icecreams moving arms and legs. I could never have the patience to move them frame by frame...I would just get sick of it. Nice dog too...(if that is what it is)

Some other random thing I found...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/whenicrecreamgoesbadyougoworse.gif

Yeah...don't quite understand this one....That's what boredom and procrastination gets you!

Summering Up.. (but it is actually Winter here now...)

Well...all in all this round was quite disheartening. It is sad to see only three entries that can be counted. Surely there are more animators in this community than just that! Pick up your game everyone!!!

For all of you who want to give it a go...try out Pivot! It is really simple to use and even a child could do it (thats what wikipedia said!)...

Well, that is it for now...the next theme is...

Theme: Summer
Deadline: Hmm...one month? First of July!

Goodnight!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I don't quite get how it is holding it though....it sorta looks like it is wearing a sheet. Maybe it is part of the KKK....
*chuckle*

Bunny has wings, no hands (is technically a wyvern, but a very cute one).

Thanks!
That's gonna be my first merit in quite a while~

*changes title*
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Nice animation Random, however I didn't quite understand the pauses in between. I know that it is meant to be similar to matrix style...but it needed a little bit more work...maybe a slightly longer pause?

Yeah... matrix pauses, although they aren't well done it's understandable yes?

I'll enter the next one. In a few weeks,for now I need my precious emo time with my razor.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*announces*
Summer, huh... Might even be able to do that.

Showing 481-495 of 707