ForumsArt, Music, and Writingzophia or watever her name is ruining the gx contests

27 7011
sniperjesus
sniperjesus
24 posts
Nomad

aint u noticed shes been getting awards for winning cos shes talented and u lot aint lol shes a unfair advantage i mean i dont care to be honest but aint u noticed this

• 27 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yes, I know she has great talent but she is nowhere near RUINING the gx contests. She's actually giving me motivation to up my draw.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

What? that makes no sence... for one, THERE ARE NO GFX CONTESTS ANYMORE AND 2, she doesn't ruin them, she enters and does well. Don't forget that you can't win 2 weeks in a row...

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

She is not ruining them. What made you think that? are you jealous?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I would bet $5 that he IS jealous, lol.

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

she isn't ruining it at all man

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Sorry for this anger spark.

Zophia have no way of ruining a contest like this. She might be talented, but so are many of the other contestants. You do not need to be good at drawing, as long as your entry is with the rigth theme, and is funny or catchy. Unusual. Anything like that.
At the moment I personally thing Thoadthetoad is winning for the epic cuteness of his Happy Pants.

There are rules preventing players from "ruining" a contest like this. Noone can enter and win two weeks in a row.
The shifting theme is another fine instalation, since some might lack the idea for a given theme.

It IS a contest. Therefore there are competition. Competition is made for making others better. You heard the others. It is inspiration, motivation. Friendship.

Yes, I am a little pissed over this. Noone should make a topic like this. It is near flaming. And it tells two things about you: You don't like competion, and want to live in your own little world of "I am better than others" without getting any better. And that is why the bubble bursts, and you make this, right?
I have not even seen a submition from you. How dare you say someone is ruining a contest, you are not even in. I apologize, if you are actually competing, but if it is only because you feel too intemidated to even try out the contest, then this is merely a real thread, but more like first class flaming, and thereby spamming.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well, it's okay to be honest about your misgivings but I must make a few statements here:

1) The nature of the contests have changed such that the factors deciding the ultimate winner have no skew towards a single person or focus. I currently run them, so I will ensure this.

2) Thoad is right- the effect of having great talent here is to motivate people to draw more, no matter your skill level. Each person's contribution is valuable and Zophia's contribution to these forums is certainly no exception.

3) It's not all about winning. The prize is really an icing on the cake. Unless you're the type of person who only likes eating the icing by itself...yeeurgh.

Now I'll leave this thread open just in case anybody here would like to post an apology, or other statements need to be made, but it is my intention to lock this thread.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

before you do that. . .

At the moment I personally thing Thoadthetoad is winning for the epic cuteness of his Happy Pants.

I think that you mean "think" and Thank you ALOT! That is the nicest thing anyone has EVER said to me! Seriously, THANKS!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yes, I meant think. And I really do. They are fun.
I was just really angry.
First of all, someone who have never been in the contests think that we are stupid that we 'cannot see she has an unfair advantage'.
Second, by saying that, it is like saying that the rest of us are really bad at drawing, and we should skip the contest, because we have no chance in hell of winning. Thanks for hating us.

Sure, evryone should have a chance of saying their oppinion, but this is like a child saying to a scientist how he/she should do their work.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Here Here! Unless your floating upside down with a random toilet flushing upside down, don't say to the science teacher "WHERE'S YOU SCIENCE NOW?!" (I actually did this onetime, but trying to make levitation inside science class, sadly, he figured out that I used some good magnets)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

...strop, you might want to lock this now because I'm not even sure if there IS a topic anymore. People can just apologize on profiles anywayz.

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Zophia wins fairly shes talented and thats why see wins she has a great imagination so she deserves to win.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*sighs*
I guess I'm kinda honored someone thinks I'm good enough to make a thread like this...
But, ehm. I don't even win every time I can. I won the last round of the GFX Art Battle, and the first round of the Art Skills Competition that followed. Then Cenere won, while the rules ensured I couldn't win (got an honorary 3rd place). Then there was last week. I entered with a fair chance as everyojne else. I came in second, Strop won. Because as you may not have noticed, I'm certainly not the only skilled person in the Art section.

Have anyone noticed how much more quality everyone has been delivering? The harder competition means everybody has to up their efforts a bit. It's positive.
And yes, I enjoy winning. Everyone does. But it is not about winning, seriously, all you get is a merit - it's not that valuable.

Finally, I'd like to point out that making a thread about a single member of the community is totally against the rules. Which is probably why Strop will lock this..

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yes, he kept it open for apologies, which I don't entirely get. . .and you get a merit for winning?! I never even knew that, I just wanted more tahn 3 people to see what I draw O_o

Showing 1-15 of 27