ForumsWEPRReligion: Root of all evil?

126 21878
theslide
theslide
6 posts
Nomad

Personally, I think the world would have been better off without it. But some, sadly, need religion. They need "truth" fabricated, instead of thinking for themself. I take the evidence presented to me, and come to a conclusion based on facts. "Faith" is a word to keep the illution of truth at place. I KNOW most disagree, since many are religious. Religion has done some good, but in my opinion, it has done far more evil.

• 126 Replies
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

Saying some one does something good doesn't make them good. Look at shiners. They help kids,... so they don't feel guilty drinking at strip clubs and worshiping their golden Idol.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Saying some one does something good doesn't make them good. Look at shiners. They help kids,... so they don't feel guilty drinking at strip clubs and worshiping their golden Idol.

Yet, was i refering to the shiners? Are you saying the YMCA and Red Cross are bad?Also with that logic saying someone does something bad doesn't make them bad.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

@samy- Sorry, I was just using one example to get the point across. Of course certain charitbale organisations have done some good however on balance the scales tip towards (er.. evil is a strong word) the negative side. The brutality Spanish Inquisition springs to mind as another example. The YMCA song however is evil

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

he YMCA song however is evil

lol exactly what i was thinking.

he brutality Spanish Inquisition springs to mind as another example.

Like i said before, just because organisations such as these used religion as a reason that does not mean that religion itself is an inherently bad thing.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

If someone runs over a child in a car is it the drivers fault or the cars. without the car (religion) the kid would be fine however it was the driver that caused the crash

And know the winner for worst metaphor goes to (drumroll) Pixie "Thankyou so much I wanna thank my Mum and dad..."

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

And know the winner for worst metaphor goes to (drumroll) Pixie "Thankyou so much I wanna thank my Mum and dad..."

lol.

What about drink driving? And the traffic police, who are they in this metaphor?
Showing 121-126 of 126