ForumsSupport ForumSite Updates Takeing way to long?

28 3450
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Has anyone noticed that it's been over a month since the last site update? I personally think that they should update the site more often. Also, one of the Admins told me one month ago from today that new armatars were comeing out 'soon' I might be blind, but I'm pretty sure I'm not, and I haven't seen any new armatars. everyone please feel free to share your thoughts.

• 28 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yah i agree with you to. The updates have indeed slowed down.

And i really want those new Armatars. But i'm sure they have not like forgot ir anything, something is probably just delaying the.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

But still according to a certin admin, they were suppossed to come out two weeks ago.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But still according to a certin admin, they were suppossed to come out two weeks ago.

Ok... so if I say I don't know when they are coming out, people get pissed because they don't have a time frame. When I attempt to estimate, and make very clear that I am estimating because I don't actually know when they will be out, people get pissed when they don't come out. So really, this is a lose lose situation for me. Don't ask me to estimate when they will come out when I don't even know, and then get mad at me when it doesn't happen. Like I have said before, and I will say again, I am not in contact with the current artist. He does not tell me when he will be done.

In addition, there is not a certain timeline with which we release updates or armatars. We release them when the site developer or the artist is done with them. Obviously, this will sometimes take longer than other times. This is one of those things you really have to be patient with. The site developer and the artist do not work solely for Armor Games, so sometimes they need to do other things and it takes longer.

My suggestion is, be patient. Whining about it is not going to make them come any faster. It is just going to make some admins aggravated. But complaining to me that it isn't coming fast enough isn't going to help, because I am not the developer and I am not the artist.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You guys are so needy. :[

Just sit and wait patiently, the longer the wait, the more they will feel special when they arrive.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Ok, one, I'm definatly not pissed, and two, I am being patient, all I'm soing is wondering when they are comeing out thats all. No offense, but sometimes it seems like you guys get a little too worked up about some things....

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Guys,don't you see the amount of work Carlie and many others need to do?
What do you prefer?
News or less spam and better features?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I personally think that they should update the site more often. Also, one of the Admins told me one month ago from today that new armatars were comeing out 'soon' I might be blind, but I'm pretty sure I'm not, and I haven't seen any new armatars

That is patient? The new updates will come when they come. You can go into a pissy mood about it, but that changes absolutely nothing. Then calling Carlie out like that is wrong. Even though you never said her name, we all know you were referring to her.
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

You guys need to appreciate what these people are trying to do in there spare time? There working there butts off and you guys just complain...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, one, I'm definatly not pissed, and two, I am being patient, all I'm soing is wondering when they are comeing out thats all. No offense, but sometimes it seems like you guys get a little too worked up about some things....

I know, and I have told you before that they will be out when they are out =) I don't even know when the artist will be finished, so it doesn't really do any good to ask when they will be out. People just continue to insist on knowing a date, when we keep telling you that there is no date to know. I honestly don't know how far along he is on the current batch.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You guys are so needy. :[

Needy doesn't even cut it. Try greedy! More, more, more -- that's all users on AG seem to ever want!
seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Just be patient, good things take a while to develop.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

If I offend her by 'calling her out' then I'm sorry Carlie. But once again, I'm not being at all pissy about it. And if people think that by the way I started out this fourm that I am pissed and impatient, then I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm really not. I just had a question, that's all. It's just the way I wrote it that make me sound like I'm pissed and impatient. But in reality, like I have allready said, I'm not. I just had a question. I really didn't want two mods and a bunck of users getting pissed off at me just because I wrote a comment using a bad word selection that made me look like I was impatient and pissed. I really had no intention of getting anyone angy at me, so I'm sorry if anyone feels that way.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

No worries =) it is always hard to interpret peoples attitude through the internet. That is always one of the drawbacks of such an impersonal method of communication.

I just wanted to emphasize the fact that we don't really know when exactly they will be out. Only the artist does. So pretty much, they will be out when they are out. There is no use in guessing.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

So,who is the artist?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

So,who is the artist?

I don't know, I have never communicated with him directly. We exchange armatar information through Dan.
Showing 1-15 of 28