ForumsSupport ForumName Changing

41 6847
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Before you say "this has been asked before" or anything why don't we do this.

Put out name in real life or maybe not but make a name and after that yo can't change it.

The thing you can change is your nickname.
Mods will identify you by your name not by your nickname.

Do you agree?

• 41 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I have been in a lot of sites and all of them let you change your name except this one!!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, not many places anyways. Anyways, even if they did allow it, most likely an admin and mod would have to do it for you, there is no system which allows you to do it.

Now, if there is, don't tell me. I'm simply voicing my opinion.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You do it by yourself and i will tell you!!!

Myspace
Gaia
Addictinggames(hate it)
a lot more

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

They are obviously a lot more older then we are.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Come on AG has about 3-5 years!!!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Heres my opinion on the issue.I really don't see why it would be so confusing if it showed your username,although seriously I think the nickname could be out under the username is smaller text.I do see a use for this in case someone is in a club or something within the site,and your are not changing your username.I really don't see why it couldn't be done,and think that some others just don't always see the big picture with some of these ideas.Also I see no point in implementing the AP system into this,unless you want to make it an extra feature for more active members or something.The only con of this would probably be the unlikely chance that no one ends up using it and it wasting shpigford's time,or that it somehow lags up the database server.Still I don't get how it could be confusing,when their name never changes,but just their nickname,which I think would be best not to make larger,or more noticeable then the real/original username.Thats all I can really think of on the matter as of right now.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So do you like it?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

so, would your nickmame be under your user name in the forums in like some grey font.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No i mean your nickname will always be showed everywhere but mods will only identify you by your real name.(UserName)

What if when you change your name,an alert is sent to ll your friends telling them your nickname was changed.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe just being able to change it once. if you chnge it much more it would get confusing. it should still show your user name, with your nick name under it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe change it twice every year maximum?
And so...on all your comments and forum posts, your nickname would be showed but your real username is only on your profile?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i guess that could work. XD

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

maybe..hmm lets see,spending ap is one way but too many people cried and whined about my idea..and i guess noone noticed my "If you get a certain amount of ap you could change or keep your username,nicknames..cant we just call eachother that? if you want to call be by nickname im draven

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Spending AP to change your name has it's pros and cons. :P

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

once you look at the cons.

1.people hack and change username alot resulting in loss of ap gigantically

2.people will cry about it

3.spammers.
thats most..

pros.

1.not many people will be able to change there name 100 times a year

2.it will be good.

3.i need more besides these im tired sorry.

Showing 16-30 of 41