ForumsWEPRLets talk about heaven....

805 147130
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I know alot of people avoid thees posts about GOD and Heaven but I just want to know peoples oppions about heaven.Do you belive there is a heaven and if you do what do you think its like?

• 805 Replies
iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

Fine, "off-topic" evil people, I'll stick with specifically heaven.
Are there other people besides you in heaven?
If yes:
Since people's opinions of perfection vary, wouldn't that be impossible? ...UNLESS if they were all in their own little words where they dreamed there there were other people. Heaven = The Matrix!
If no:
What if someone's idea of perfection requires socialization?

Here, evil people, we come into an issue. I want to ask whether normal people become angels, but noooooooooo.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

iPC I kind of lost you in the beginning lol.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

I would think of heaven as being a state of being...Perhaps you could communicate with God..

But more to the point..You could for example make a dream world where everything is made of chocolate

Or perhaps you could dream of yourself on fluffy clouds playing ping-pong with jimi hendrix

Or even you could dream of coming back to earth having no recollection of what happened..And being someone different

iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

iPC I kind of lost you in the beginning lol.

Then read the ending. Well, the ending will get you lost if you don't read the begging. Read from "A" to "z(ation)".

Hmm... Windshift, you have an interesting idea of Heaven. It's a stew of the major religions with a hint of creativity to blend in all the flavors.
But... If you're just dreaming it, then isn't it kind of depressing? It's a world of perfection, yes, but it doesn't matter because it's not real. If that's heaven, then I want my soul back because imagination is literally heaven on earth.
Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Sometimes all you need is a dream to bring you to that state of perfection, as you call it. It's nice to take a break from reality and have a moment of sheer bliss.

Why wait a lifetime to get there when you don't need to?

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Hmmm.. Heres a question. Should people who are rlly rlly against people who dont follow the bible to the full extent be sent to hell? I think so cuz there ruining this planet, and making it hard for most of us to live a nice proper life.

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

heaven is a place in which you can do anything not a sin. Like after a long journey you rest your weary body. Jonnypants is completely right. I know i will be safe in gods hands.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hmmm.. Heres a question. Should people who are rlly rlly against people who dont follow the bible to the full extent be sent to hell? I think so cuz there ruining this planet, and making it hard for most of us to live a nice proper life.

I have a few things to say about that. I don't believe half of the bible, but I take those stories that I find untrue, and analyze them by just context. By that, I mean that I look for the meaning of the story. It may not have happened at all, but that writer was giving a story that symbolizes some sort of meaning.

It also isn't neccessarily disrupting a proper life. Proper is an opinion word, so what you say will most definately not apply to everyone.
Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

If you dont believe in the bible then thats like...uhhh, bad? lol Estel has a point in the proper thing but i believe in the bible the best i can so ya...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

No, it's not bad. Doing one thing "wrong," doesn't automatically send you to hell. A murderer could still go to heaven if he/she is truly sorry for his/her actions. Do you believe the Adam and Eve story is true? Although there is tons of backup to support evolution?

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

why did you start talking about the murderer thing that was random and i believe in the Adam and Eve story even though there is tons of evidence supporting evolution. the unarguable question "where did everything come from" anything from the comets or whatev that created the big bang to neptune??where did it come from???

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I was saying that doing bad things doesn't send you to hell. If you don't believe in the bible, that doesn't mean that you'll get a one-way ticket to hell.

I do follow you on that. I am a believer of both evolution and creationism. I believe that God created life. But not Adam and Eve. I believe he created all celestial bodies, and the first living cell. That evolved over years and years until the coming of small creatures.

That Big Bang to Neptune was a bit off, but I get your point :P

Bob_McBobBob
Bob_McBobBob
248 posts
Nomad

I believe in a heaven, my grandma died a few years back and I know in my heart she is in heaven even if she did things bad in her life, she was a good woman and deserved to go to heaven.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

That's sad, my Grandmother also passed away about 7 years ago from Heart Attack, Tragedy happened, Now god bless you're grandmother and my as well.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That truely and utterly insults me! Even though I know I'm going to hell, I am very angered about that statement. People against a bible are not ruining you world! after all, you could just ignore those people! Think before you say, or else it could get your face into a wood chipper (not a threat)! Seriously, think!
Showing 121-135 of 805