ForumsSupport ForumQuick Replies - No Ap

30 4554
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Here's another one of my suggestions even though theres a 99% chance it won't work out.

Don't you hate it when someone double posts or posts again to correct their mistakes? Here is another twist to that editing idea.

So heres the idea: What if there was a quick reply option that gives no AP.

Just like the one in the news comments (these give points but don't add comments to you count.... how weird).

• 30 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd prefer if there was an edit option instead.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I guess it could work if it automatically deleted your post and put it in a another post mixed with your new one.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I guess it could work if it automatically deleted your post and put it in a another post mixed with your new one.

That's what editing is.....

I didn't say edit because that would have to be from scratch. There already is a reply option in the news. So they can code it differently.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, it'd be easier I suppose, but I like I said, I would still much prefer the edit option. But it's ok for a start, I suppose.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i think it would be easier if us users used the flag option..and then they later on in the forum correct there mistake.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Err... What makes you think everyone would do this option? "If it's for Ap, who cares if its bad or not?" is what's always in their minds. I for one would use an edit option; and the flag option is for offenses, not corrections.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it would be easier if us users used the flag option..and then they later on in the forum correct there mistake.

Do you mean to flag your own post?
How about this?
Edit your post and make the old one disappear making the new one bold and v=better making the changes you wanted?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Eh, I's just stick with plain old editing.
Too bad it's not implemented. Plus, it would require no extra posts, and it would be fast and simple.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But what happens when you make a post and people don't see it?
They might think it's the same one?
Maybe if it was in a color not bold or italic to catch their attention?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

editing posts have been brought up wayy too many times..like "Oh this is a great idea" turned to "Dude,stop posting this idea it will never work"..and not flagging your own posts,flagging double-posts and just not doing it in the first place will stop people telling him/her not to double-post(which is spamming also)

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Quick reply? If you added quick reply, would you have to wait 30 seconds? Also, I don't think there should be any coding done to prevent mistakes, for the onus is on the writer of the comment.

If people are just blabbing away, why should the administrators or site developers be concerned about errors? The person should've put more thought into the post and read it over instead of double posting and such (And yes, I do realize, we're all humans and we do make tiny mistakes, but there are those people who fix even the TINIEST of mistakes).

Then again, I'm all for the Edit option -- it would be the most effective solution if you ask me. Why add post onto post of nonsense, when a simple spellcheck would've been suffice? Or if you wanted to add something you forgot to, originally? The Edit option OR BETTER YET, and I think Carlie is in favour of this, a PREVIEW button, to preview any errors or if you forgot to add something? I know GameFAQs already has this system in place (or used to?) -- believe me, it works!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I just got mixed up.
And yes it has and yes(you're going to say this,any of you)this is off topic.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, quick replies and editing posts are quite similar, so I don't think we should go as far as to saying that this is off topic. We are simply discussing better solutions.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah!
I don't know if you have or have not gone to Gaia a community(which has a lot of neat features) has a preview button toi see fi your comment has any mistake,
Really helpful option.
Gaia has name changing,edit post,everything but made by a Chinese group.We all know Chinese are hell smart(they are like 19 years)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Juan, don't you talk hell about me. I'm Chinese, ya know. No need to go into bad adjectives.

Btw, Gaia has been there for pretty long. Most standard forums have a preview and edit option.

Showing 1-15 of 30