ForumsSupport ForumThe search has issues...

14 2719
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

It needs to see a Doc., or something.

Whenver i try to search a game, i got lots of games exceot the ones i want, and yes, i do have the name exactley right.

Like for example when i searched Stickicide, i got like 60 games, BUT NOT stickicide. And when i searched Ant Buster, i got "The Adventures Of Remus", "Comet" something.

• 14 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The game search searches tags as well, so that's why. Try just writing ant, and you'll probably find ant buster. About Stickicide, you might try searching the tag stickman.

There are lots of games with the tags your using in your search, so maybe that's why. If you still can't find a game, it was probably removed.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I have also noticed this. I scearch 'Free Rider 2' and iget a list of about 40 games, and Free rider 2 is somewhere down halfway through the list. This happends with almost evey game. And the results that come up, are almost never even releated to the scearch words used.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It searches words separately and it mainly searches for what's in the description of the game. You got the Adventures of Remus because there was and ant level in the game. To narrow your search use one word in your search.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@thinthingfreak

Refer to what I have just wrote. It searches tags and titles, your better off with an one-word search.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I would tell you how the tags are used in the search engine.Although I can't explain the ant buster game,b/c of this...

and stickicide goes under the stick tag.

Because of this I am not quite sure why or how it works for sure.Sorry I can't help,but try using tags and you might find them quicker.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Personally a good idea is just to favourite or bookmark the games you like to play often. Get easy access to them somehow.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Your right about the one-word scarch thing. I found that it works best if you just put in 'rider' But I still think that if you put in the full name of a game, then that is the only game that it should show. Or mabey It could show other games that are a part of that series. For example- you type Shift 2. Then it should show all the shift games, but nothing else.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

it was probably removed.

Well, actually, i was browsing profiles and saw the game and decided to play it. Then when i was playing it i accidentally closed my window, and i did not know the profile to get back to it. So i know it's still there :P

And, thanks, i will try all those ideas
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok, yah, i searched ant, and got it.

Although i still got the several journeys of reemus lols...

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Although i still got the several journeys of reemus lols.

I told you why lol

You could also use Google search which is more reliable.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, but the google search is probably going to pop up with tons of other websites with the game too.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Put

site:armorgames.com *keywords here*

and it will pop up results only from Armorgames.

(I'm pretty handy with Google.)

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I told you why lol

Lols, you're right :P sorry.

And yah, i never thought of google before...i have used it before to find users and threads but never games.
Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

i think the search is high...lol

Showing 1-14 of 14