ForumsSupport ForumSplitting game comments,and profile comments.

29 3451
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Ok,maybe splitting profile comments,and game comments will help people.It can be a way to view on which the user is most active upon.

forsay,
theone99

500 game comments

3,000 profile comments.

thats it,but counting the comments you GIVE not get.

• 29 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Mm maybe it cold be useful in some way.
It could say if you often playing or with users.
But what help could it make?
They're both comments right?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

There are also news comments too. Profile and game comments use the same system do it would be more work to separate them

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yep.
But aren't news comments,posts?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

No news comments have a slightly different system but they are still 2 points.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What?
They give you AP?
I didn't know that!

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I don't think they add as comments but they still give you points.

The only type of comments that don't give you points is for the blog, but the blog is a whole other website....

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

it would be helpful,because if you want to see who talks to people more,or comments games more,helps you on if you want to talk them about help on games,or, ask them which games are great. or, if you want to just well,socialize..it would be a great addition to the site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That could help a lot.
I agree with this idea!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I can understand how this would be useful, but at the same time we might not want to clutter the point area with more things. Granted, there still is a little room.

It would be interesting to see how people get their comments!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I can understand how this would be useful, but at the same time we might not want to clutter the point area with more things. Granted, there still is a little room.

It would be interesting to see how people get their comments!

Just some more coding work required, 'tis a shame we're all the visionaries, but never the nuts and bolts :P. Anywho, I'm a big fan of the idea and it would be great if it happened. You could really see a big fluctuation in ranks and AP and the sorts (but AG isn't all about that, now is it?).

It'd be super cool to see -- and hopefully people won't find the need to spam the game comments just to earn their precious points.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It'd be super cool to see -- and hopefully people won't find the need to spam the game comments just to earn their precious points.

Yea, and it would be easier to see the people that spam game comments. Because technically, people should not have more game comments then there are games.
Nomad

First off.. I love the idea. It could also help with people that multi comment on games for example if there are 500 games and someone has 2,500 game comments.. Something is up lol.

Secondly..

A question for the administration on this.

Would this be difficult to implement. If put it would it consider all the previous comments acquired or would it just start seperating them from now on?

Nomad

Oh noes! Ninja'd by Carlie. lol you stole my first thought on the idea haha.

If possible could you answer my question.

Pwetty Pwease

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Would this be difficult to implement. If put it would it consider all the previous comments acquired or would it just start seperating them from now on?

Honestly, I don't think so. I am pretty sure the comments are already recognized as different, it would just be a matter of reflecting it in the points. I think...
Nomad

mk. I kinda figured it would be a thing like moving the threads. I noticed that when a thread is moved into a different section, that sections thread number doesn't change. While the one it was previously in does not go down. I figured it would have the same concept. All previous comments would not be affected by the switch.

Maybe not though.

Showing 1-15 of 29