ForumsSupport ForumMore AP for Submitting Games

26 3360
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I feel that the current level of 20 armor points for submitting a game seems a bit low.

Think about this:
Rating a game or making a quick comment gives you 2 AP and requires less than a minute of work. <b>2AP per minute</b>
Giving a real comment that usually earns a merit takes me about seven minutes. 27/7~ <b>3AP per minute</b>

Creating a really good flash game usually takes months of work, yet this only earns you 20AP, which even though it is a lot, does not yield very many APs per how much work you put into it.

What would ArmorGames be without games? (It would only be Armor, which is still pretty fun to wear and mess around with, however, after a while would get boring and sold at an antique store or left in the garage to gather dust...)

Usually, developers are very busy people, and don't often have time to comment on other people's games or post in the forums. However, these are the ones who contribute the most to AG.

Changing this wouldn't really make a major difference, since very few players actually create their own games, however, I still think it is important to appreciate the hard work of these developers.

Just something to think about,
Andreas

• 26 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You guys haven't read my comment, have you?

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

which one? the one u made at 7:47? if so then i meant it was good enough to be creekwood forest

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

AG should have a list of bet testers,that are AG users,beta testers woul be people that have

1.alot of merits
2.common sense
3.good taste of games
4.a mod/admin wont be one,because well,they really dont have time to do the beta testing anymore.they can but yeah.there choice..oh forgot to add,the person has to be mature and not say

"Woot! forst post!"

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

MarkedTarget, Creekwood Forest was actually a game that was worked hard on and made sense.

True, it's badly rated, but at least it's an actual flash game. *rolls eyes*

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

AG used to have beta testers back when the site was new, before it was opened to the public.

If you guys haven't realized, AG tests the games before they make it though. They aren't tha careless.

Yeah, so that's another reason why this wouldn't really be needed. It would take so many games to actually make an impact.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wo0t, at least someone agrees with me.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

firetail...yea i guesss ur right but wat i meant was poorly rated when i said creekwood...i guess i need to be more specific...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, poorly rated, but what if it makes through?
It's still a game that people can play after all.
It's not like it has 0 favourites...wait, let me check.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

hmmm...14 faves... thats sumthing...but... thats not the topic... if it does make through itll be a mereical (i dont kno how to spell that) but anyway we both dont rlly want this (the main topic) to happen so lets leave it at that

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Since this idea has been brought up many times before, I will be locking it.

Quick explanation: the fact is, developers don't care about points. They want to get their game out there, and most are not active in the community.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

This topic has really become popular, but it's getting off topic. I kind of want to keep things on topic (because I think that it's a good topic).
I think that the game developers themselves should be contacted (somehow) and asked whether they find it a good idea for the amount per game to be raised. I would say that the majority of them don't care.

Showing 16-26 of 26