ForumsSupport ForumShould you be able to find out who added you?

43 5812
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I was thinking, "Who thinks I am a friend to them?" (Other than the obvious)

So shouldn't you be able to tell who added you as a friend?

• 43 Replies
Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

Then just tell them WELCOME!!
Is it really needed for them to add you in order to feel them feel welcomed?

But the point is that if they add you and don't tell you, odds are that you don't know they exist, making it pretty difficult to welcome them don't you think?
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

But the point is that if they add you and don't tell you, odds are that you don't know they exist, making it pretty difficult to welcome them don't you think?

i agree with that 100%!
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

They will definitely just tell you hi!
And if they do then welcome them!
Simple as that!=)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Usually people who added you would be a person who you have talked to for a while. If not, that person added you just so he could spam your profile without trying to remember your user name. As much as I want to agree that we should be able to know, it is usually a good reason why they have added you, however there is that spam reason, so it would be good to know...

But how would we know that we have been added? Where in our profile will it show that someone would add us? Could there be a small section below the friends list to show "Users who have Added You as a Friend"? There IS a giant gap in your profile that can be filled with that information, if it is beneficial.

Also, if that certain person has added you as a "friend" just to spam in your profile, it would be a good idea to either flag and delete the comments, or contact a moderator and delete the comments. Deleting his/her comments is just an indirect attack on their person to show that he/she is doing something that you don't like, and as an added bonus, it is fun =)

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

well i think it would be a good idea
many people add me even if i don't know them

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The simple way to stop them form spamming is telling a mod.
I don't find this idea really needed.If they add you well let them be man!You guys just want to be more popular without caring about the site.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

i think that would be a good idea so i can keep track to who actually are my friends

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I can't even think of a reason why strangers would want to add you in the first place, aside from the spam reason... Maybe they'll feel important if they have a ranked user on their friends list... Maybe so they won't feel lonely and unimportant if they do... Hey, I went 2 months without a person on my list, and I didn't have a problem with it. As I said, legit users on the friends list are usually people that you have talked to and had conversations with on AG. If not, then you are quick to gain friends and even quicker to lose them >_>

AtreyuKiller
AtreyuKiller
17 posts
Nomad

Yes, because what if the guy was a R_A_P_E_R!!!!!!!!!!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I smell a troll here...

Oh well, in my own opinion, I don't see the need for it, they should at least tell you themselves that they have added you anyways...

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

bah, just let the kids be free and add you already, stop getting angry about some stranger adding you for no reason
just let them add you and then add them back if you want to.

MegaPanzer
MegaPanzer
1 posts
Nomad

Yea, it is nice for a more experienced player to help the newbies.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I wasn't opposing the idea, I was saying I would have no use for it. I would ignore them anyways; friendship is a relationship, you can't be partners if the other doesn't give consent right? That's my reason right there. But hey, let them do as they want. And how am I angry about this? >_> 80% of those guys are spammers anyways.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

It would be nice to have this, but what about firetail? All the newer people to AG most likely add him just because he is number one. All the more active players would have to deal with this. It would become an annoyance to deal with it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think it is fine the way some ask for allowance to befriend one, but those... Nah, I do not think there is a need for it. If you do not want to be friend with someone, then do not befriend them.

Showing 16-30 of 43