ForumsSupport ForumShould you be able to find out who added you?

43 5813
jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

I was thinking, "Who thinks I am a friend to them?" (Other than the obvious)

So shouldn't you be able to tell who added you as a friend?

• 43 Replies
Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

I don't find this idea really needed.If they add you well let them be man!You guys just want to be more popular without caring about the site.

You have now said three times that you think this is a bad idea, we get the fact that you think this is a bad idea.

Actually it's got nothing to do with popularity, merely that if someone adds us as a friend we'd like to know so that we can add them back and talk to them and actually be their friend rather than a picture on a screen.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You guys sound like if you want to make friends they need to add you or else they won't
Just add them and problem solved.
What if they add you but don't like to have a conversation?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It would be nice to have this, but what about firetail? All the newer people to AG most likely add him just because he is number one. All the more active players would have to deal with this. It would become an annoyance to deal with it.

OK, so I didn't want to bluntly say it, but yeah, that's what I was going for. Those who are active in the community and are higher ranked are usually the ones who are picked. And since those that are higher ranked have a quick stream of comments going, they are going through in their mind that they won't get spotted, while they get their measly prize of 2 AP/comment, and the poor, unfortunate chap that gets leached has to deal with them. And if you're like me who like to debate and speak their 1st amendment rights all in the politics section, you are probably another user who gets spammed/flamed for your opinions. This is why I threw out a notice saying "If you spam/flame here, you are wasting your time".

For another thing, can you give us any pros as to why it would be a good thing to know who added you, besides the fact it would add more friends to the list? Because I have friends, but they aren't added to my list.
Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

It would be nice to have this, but what about firetail? All the newer people to AG most likely add him just because he is number one. All the more active players would have to deal with this. It would become an annoyance to deal with it.

That's a good point, maybe if you had the option to turn it on and off?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That's a good point, maybe if you had the option to turn it on and off?

The only thing to turn off is the reminder that someone has added you; they will still add you no matter if you keep the reminder on or off.
Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't actually mind if a random person added me, I'd just like to know that they had.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah!
Why is it a big deal if someone adds you or not?

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Yeah!
Why is it a big deal if someone adds you or not?

Everyone is right in this thread. The feature is a good idea and very useful tool, but not necessary to me. It wouldn't matter if it were added or not.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's not a big deal actually. If someone did add you, the message would pop up, and you would ask "wth is this person, I don't know him..", so you would talk with them, and who knows? You might be buddies after all.

My problem, along with other people, is that they added you to leech you, followed with walls of spam. I wouldn't use it, because I would just flame/contact anyways. Other people might use it, who knows, but for me, I wouldn't use it; if you wanted to, that's great.

gablaltorax
gablaltorax
84 posts
Nomad

YES!!!!!in shine walls of spam ??? realy??i had a guy add me once so he could go in type ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 6 times on my homepage everyday...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Sadly, there is no way to prevent this firsthand... Only by contacting and deleting will solve the problem..

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think there should be a invitation program instead. If you wanted someone as a friend, you could send them an invite and let them accept and decline.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't think it really matters...

Will it upset you that much if someone you don't even know adds you as a friend?

Showing 31-43 of 43