ForumsSupport ForumTime for some house- cleaning

10 2538
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm sure this has been posted already, but I have noticed many "ghost" profiles. Profiles that are never used. Whenever I gain like 1 AP, I pass like 15 other members. Maybe it is time for AG to do some house- cleaning?

• 10 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

How do you suppose we do that? We can't just find profiles and clean them out. And they aren't harming anything, so there's no point!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Unless there is an issue with these extraneous profiles slowing down the performance of Armor Games, it isn't an issue. If it starts to affect site speed, we may have to do something about it. But they really aren't hurting anything, so it isn't necessary.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I would say to use a batch action to delete all users with 0 ap, but of course that would delete those who just started out and might be active like we all are. So far, like Carlie said, the statue users haven't really affected anything, except giving new users something to look forward to by rising 80,000 ranks with one ap gain. (laff)

What we should clean would be the locked threads that no one reads anymore. Yeah, there's no point of deleting them, but there's no point of them being there either >_>

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

If we delete the locked threads, then there will be AP lost. And that will lead to whining from people who think it's a big deal.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah, that important AP thing. (sarcasm) Well I guess that's the only con to the plan then. With the added fact that the forums will be clean as a whistle.

RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

I don't mind ghost accounts it really doesn't make much of a difference to AG!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Well they're not like lethal weapons that kill everyone, the only probs about them are
1. They get spammed
2. They use some good names... mostly bad though...
And that's not enough to massacre them all...

And I totally disagree. When you join AG, you're already ranked #70,000 out of 147,294 users.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, post once in the forums and you pass 80,000 profiles that are left over from the referral days. But really, they are doing no harm so it would just be extra work to find and delete them all.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

If the ghost profiles were being used for another user, that would be one story.

The ghost profiles are not harming anybody. I don't see the direct angle of which you're shooting at. On AG, if someone plagerises, spams, or disobeys the rules, the are banned from having a user for a short period of time. I some cases, the are banned forever. The ghost profiles are not plagerising, spamming, or disobeying the rules in any sort of way. It would kind of sad, also, if that one ghost profile just happened to lose it's computer and could not reach AG, and then, had to go of of AG for a period of time.
Now, if that user got a new computer and logged on, it would be kind of sad to see that his entire account was gone, and that all of his Armor Points with it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Don't you mean when a NEW profile gains a point?

Actually, if you progress 1 AP when you have 0 AP, you practically go forward 3000-4000 ranks.
Showing 1-10 of 10